Epilogue

Four years on, eighteen year old Kyra was sitting in her London apartment waiting for the post. It was this time every month she received a letter from Fred. Even though they hadn't seen each other for four years, they still wrote and still loved each other. Nothing had been heard from Draco.

She was thinking about her long distance boyfriend when she heard a knock at the door. Opening it, a blonde boy with tears streaming down his face was standing there.

Draco Malfoy.

"Kyra, there's something I need to tell you. I-"

She interrupted.

"After four years, I hear nothing from you and now you turn up my door grovelling! I don't think so Draco!'' she shouted, going to shut the door.

"It's Fred."

Kyra slowly opened the door revealing her ex best friend. She motioned for him to come in and he sat down.

Her eyes widened as he told her the story of the Battle of Hogwarts, how the feared Dark Lord had been defeated and he watched as she broke down into tears at the news of Fred's death.

He couldn't blame her. She had loved him after all, loved him as much as he still loved her. Draco took Kyra in his arms and kissed the top her head.

"I'm sorry, Kyra. I'm so so sorry."

And with that, the two friends sat and wept for the loss of love and the memory of Fred Weasley.