Chapter 1

The sound of my alarm blares through my cosy room for the umptieth time. I slap the snooze button and roll over in my covers, I'm already late anyway.

Just before I can fall back into the world of peaceful slumber, my phone buzzes furiously on my bedside table with my ringtone jerking me awake.

I see Piyu's smiling face smeared in cake frosting on my screen letting me know it's her on the line. Sliding my thumb across the screen I place the phone on my ear.

"Where on earth are you?" Her voice yells through the speaker.

"Good morning to you too, I'm great! Thanks for asking."

"Shut up and get your butt to here before I come to shove my leg so far up your throat and kick your brain." Comes her threat.

"Okay! Okay! I'm up! No need t get your panties in a twist."

"The only thing that'll be twisted is your neck once I get a hold of you." She warns hanging up the phone. That right there was my best friend Priya, but we all call her Priyu. She has some colourful threats, but trust me she's as sweet as double crème caramel latte topped with cinnamon and cacao powder. But I wouldn't push her too far if I were you.

Throwing my covers off I rush to my bathroom suite to freshen up and change.

A low ping sounding from my phone grabs my attention. Pressing my thumb on the fingerprint sensor unlocked it. Scrolling through my notification I see a message has been posted in our group chat 'BBFs' from Habiba.

It reads 'There's an emergency at the hospital I'll join you guys for lunch

That is my other best friend, the embodiment of sophistication and sarcasm.

'so I have to get to school by my own wits?' I ask.

'You're not Vasco de Gama sailing the seven seas to get to school *eye roll*

I'm sure you can find your way.' comes her quick response.

Grabbing my bag on my way out trying not to trip over my legs. I jam my keys into the keyhole, twist and jingle the handle a couple of times to make sure it's really locked. I dash for the streets and frantically wave my hand to hail a cab but none stop for me.

Muttering a curse under my breath I steal a glance at my digital watch. I have just enough time to dash for a train. Sliding in just behind an elderly lady and nearly toppling over her I regain my balance, only to lose it once again as the train jerks into motion. I nearly crash into the kind gentleman holding on to a hanging strap before I finally steady myself. Ignoring the stares from everyone with a sheepish smile, I grab onto the closest hanging strap and look straight ahead.

I make it through the school gates in record time meeting Priyu by the social sciences faculty building.

"This is the last time you keep me waiting out here." Priya scolds shoving my usual breakfast on the go in my hands.

I take a sip of the coffee paper cup she hands and let out a satisfied 'hmmmmmmm'. "double crème caramel latte with cinnamon and cacao powder, just how I like it." I smile brightly at her.

"I don't get why you just don't get a room in the dorms," Priya suggests for the umpteenth time.

"First of all, there are too many godforsaken rules for my liking."

"And secondly?"

"I wouldn't get this special breakfast courtesy of my boo-tiful Best Beesh Forever."

"I told you, this is the LAST time I'm bringing lincia_maboOnWattpad your late ass breakfast." She insists.

"By the way, did you get me any granola bars?" I ask, taking a big bite of my cheese and egg sandwich.

She reaches in her bag and throws two bars at me in response. "Thanks Priyuuuuu! I love you so much." I tell her, chucking the snacks into my own bag. "I hate you." She retorts. Heading towards our separate lectures I blow her a kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By lunch time I'm ready to call it quits. Plopping down besides Priyu and Habiba I let out a long exhausted sigh. "I hate Mondays!" I announce.

"And Tuesdays." Priyu says.

"And Wednesdays." Habiba adds.

"And Thursdays." Priyu continues.

"Give me a break." I say with an eye roll cutting them off.

"You would think this being our last year of Uni you would have adjusted to the hectic schedule but look at life throwing you around like a rag doll." Habiba teases.

"I've had my fair share of good days and bad days okay?" I defend trying to stifle a laugh.

"I can guess what kind of day today is." Priya retorts.

"You two are always ganging up on me." I whine, rolling my eyes and taking a sip of my second Red bull today.

"Easy there hunny, you don't want your eyes getting stuck in the back of your head now do we?"

"It's not like there's much to see back there anyway, no brain!" Priya adds. They both finally fall into a giggling fit.

The banter is quickly interrupted by commotion as a crowd of students flood into the cafeteria.

"If you really think you're all that, touch me! I dare you!" Lewis's threatening voice rings through the room.

Whoever is in the middle of the watching crowd with Lewis is either thick as bricks or thinks he's bluffing because the crash that follows is loud enough to cause an earth quake.

"Yoh aren't you going to do anything about that?" Priyu asks worry washing over her soft features.

"Nope!" I say, popping the P.

"Well you can't just sit here." Habiba says, equally worried.

"You're right, we better leave." I say, slinging my bag over my shoulder and grabbing my lunch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

And there's chapter one beautiful people! Hope you enjoyed it. Like I mentioned in my foreword I have inserted watermarks in this book so don't get thrown off by them. If you spot my book on other platforms please message me directly. Thanks <3<3<3<3<3<3

How many of you hate Mondays as much as Tasha? LOL!

Don't forget to VOTE! COMMENT! AND SHARE!

Love,

L.