𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟗

Start from the beginning

"Mean! Tobio! So so mean! Just admit that I look organized or something!" (Y/N) pinched his cheeks.

"(Y/N)-san normally looks pretty and strange, but you're prettier when we get to see your entire look!" Hinata genuinely complimented her.

"Hinata...!" (Y/N) clenched her chest and went towards him to embrace the sunshine. "Thank you so much!"

"Hehe! You're welcome!"

"Was (Y/N)-san such a beauty?!" Lev exclaimed.

(Y/N) looked horrified. "Thank you, but as if."

"Also, Lev! Shut your trap!" Kuroo hit his head. "Sorry about this guy, he has no filters." (Y/N) simply laughed and assured him that he was alright. The bed-headed teen shrugged. "Well, can't blame him though. When you fix your hair, you actually look different from your usually chaotic and jumbled self." Is this the elegant vibes Lev and Hinata were getting from her? He curiously wondered. He smirked and ruffled her hair. "I prefer your traditional craziness more though."

"Same." Akaashi and Kenma bobbed their heads in agreement, taking their time off their games and novels to silently admire (Y/N)'s new appearance.

(Y/N) softly elbowed Kuroo's ribs with her elbow to stop him from messing the hair her friend just styled. "I don't know if you're insulting me or complimenting me, but thanks. Also, don't do that, Tobio just fixed my hair." She pouted, earning another laugh from the already amused bed-haired captain. She sighed and carefully took the hand that was messing with her hair. She smiled. "Come on now, I'll be cooking now. Please do what you want as long as you can look over me."

"Sure, sure~" Kuroo responded.

(Y/N) walked over the kitchen and hummed at the ingredients. Pork curry...? Or some miso soup? This medical journalist loathes cooking and doesn't want to do anything about it, but she's surprisingly good at it since she has been living alone. Her mother wasn't there to cook for her, so she had to manage herself... somehow. Let's just make scrambled eggs. Probably the one Mother makes me back at our hometown? Hope she wouldn't mind. Mother, while you're on abroad, look over my work and spank me if I do something wrong. She silently prayed and started preparing the ingredients.

While she was cutting the egg into six medium slices, she felt some vibration from her pocket. She rose an eyebrow to see a number calling her. She chuckled quietly to herself and answered it after composing herself, "Hei hei, good morning, may I ask who is this?"

"Morning, you know very well who I am, so shut up," The voice grumpily responded.

"Hahaha! Sorry for teasing you. Your reactions are just very fun to listen to-"

"Don't you 'sorry' me and speak gibberish. Just call me by my name, (Y/N)."

I knew he liked the silly name I gave him. (Y/N) giggled. "Sorry, Sakussan."

"I said not to say sorry, didn't I? Ugh, nevermind, you'll end up doing it anyways. Moving on, what are you doing? I'm hearing some sizzling on the background," Sakusa wondered.

(Y/N) had her head bent slightly and left shoulder shrugged with her blackberry phone in between to speak, "Oh, I'm cooking. Some people here in camp woke up early, so I'm here to make some food for them." She accidentally yawned. "Oops, sorry about the noise, don't mind that. Anyways, Sakussan, how come you're awake at this hour? You should be getting more sleep. It's summer break, y'know?" She worriedly trailed off while frying the egg.

"Says the one who's awake but only had hours of sleep. What a hypocrite." (Y/N) flinched at that. She just met him yet how come he knew her so well? She could only make a low hum in the background. "Ha... I'm awake because I always do daily runs in the morning. You satisfied now?" Sakusa grumbled. His shoulders relaxed when he heard (Y/N) laughing and agreeing with him. He thought that she was mad at him, but he knew that the girl wasn't that kind of person to get mad over every single thing.