𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟗

Start from the beginning

The beautiful setter flinched and stared at her incredulously along with Kuroo and Kenma. How did she know that?

"Nerd," Kageyama piped up.

"I'm not, Tobio...! Mou." (Y/N) pouted and sighed afterwards. "Anyways... are you guys hungry? I can cook you something. I don't like cooking though," she mumbled the last part, which earned an unexpected smirk from Kuroo. What was that for? She flinched and relaxed after seeing their eager nods. She chuckled. "Alright, I'll cook some whatever we have there. Please watch over me just in case I burn the kitchen." Since she was busy organizing her hair, she didn't notice the scared looks she got from the volleyball players. They surely need to be cautious when she said that.

When the volleyball players went back to their own stuff, (Y/N) finished looking around and made crab-like motions towards his bestfriend. "Tobio~ Tie my hair."

Kageyama looked up from the newspaper and nodded. He beckoned her over his side. "Sure, come here." (Y/N) walked over him and sat on the ground. "Do you have a hair tie?" (Y/N) nodded and gave him a small scrunchie that she borrowed from Yachi. Kageyama thanked her quietly and took the scrunchie from her. "We've known each other for a year, but this is the second time you're ever making me tie your hair. What's the event?" He casually inquired.

(Y/N) fanned her face. "It's so hot here in Tokyo, it's even hotter because it's summer. If I weren't here, I'd strip-"

Kageyama plucked a strand of her (H/C) locks. "-As if you'd do that." He gathered her hair in one place and asked, "What kind of style do you want?"

"Anything as long as it doesn't cover my face when I cook."

"Okay." The usually introverted and temperamental setter nodded without complaining. He blinked after seeing the stunned look from Hinata. While combing (Y/N)'s hair with his fingers, he glared at the tangerine-haired male. "What the hell are you looking at, boke?"

"I didn't know that you can be nice to (Y/N)-san," Hinata stated.

(Y/N) stifled her laughter. Kageyama deadpanned and softly chopped her head. The only woman in the group chortled and took this opportunity to answer. "Don't be so surprised, Hinata. This is how we normally are. Tobio and I have known each other for a long time, so I guess you can say that he's pretty comfortable with me. He's even nice sometimes, right, Tobi-ita!" (Y/N) pouted and rubbed the spot that Kageyama hit her. "What was that for?"

"You're saying unnecessary things."

"I'm not! Most of it is tr-Ouch!"

Poor her... The others thought in pity.

"It's done now," Kageyama told her.

"Thanks, Tobio." (Y/N) beamed at his direction.

The said male's heart stopped at her appearance. He gulped. Her hair is always disordered because of how she moves around all the time. I only ever see her smile and eyes, so I never noticed. Did she always look like this?

(Y/N) huffed and slowly stood up. She patted her bum and smiled. "Looks like I'm good to go." Her hair was tied into a ponytail. Some locks of her (H/C) hair was sticking on her (S/C) skin. Because most of her hair was tied behind her back, her face was now fully shown. The glimmer on her (E/C) orbs were now visibly shimmering under the lights of the cafeteria, her (S/C) skin looked like it was glowing, and the mellow smile she had on her face seemed to brighten even more. She looked so exquisite to the volleyball players, that she didn't even notice the looks of astonishment and disbelief she got from them.

And, of course, it was no surprise that (Y/N) had looks that were out of this world. She was a Deiern after all.

"I'm scared that you can actually look decent," Kageyama managed to say despite his opposing thoughts. She's so freaking pretty. He flushed a pink hue.