HAPPINESS [EPILOGUE]

Desclaimer :

This is the last part of "Life Must Go On"

TT.TT

***

Ai's POV

"Wake up..wake up"

It was 2027 spring in Japan. I don't know why from all the seasons in this country I love spring. There are many beautiful stories in the spring that I love so much. The day when I see Ran for my first time, the time when I registered my marriage with him, also another miracle that I got in April 2025.

A man who still closes his eyes even when I try to wake up him many times. Okay, it's Sunday, but he shouldn't forget that we will go someplace today. I try another way to wake up him. I put something on top of him who is sleeping on his back.

"Wake up, papa", Ran squirmed when I touched her face with the tiny hands of a 23-month-old baby. And less than 2 minutes, he woke up.

"Hiroki, you try annoy papa", Ran sat up while he try to tickle the little baby called Hiroki by him. The baby laughs while saying the words using his unclear language and I smile watching this beautiful moment that I got almost every morning.

We back to Japan after the Olympics in Paris, and at the beginning of September, I was got pregnant. Ran must be back in Italy in December but I don't want to take risks at a young gestational age to fly with him there so I decided to stay in Japan.

Don't you think it was hard for me? Yeah, of course, I'm really scared if I give birth when Ran hasn't returned to Japan even when all of his family is around me. I just want to do it with him. Felt my pain and happiness for my 1st birth alone? I didn't want it.

Fortunately, it didn't happen. Ran back to Japan in the middle of April 2025, and a week after that my baby was born. Ran give him the name Hiroki. It sounds like 'hero' in English, Ran want his son to be a hero for peoples around him. Parents, family, friends, even his partner in the future.

Sometimes I was thinking is he really my son? He has my eyes, but furthermore that I can see is Ran. All about Hiroki is Ran. Feels like he's copying from his papa. But, more than that I just feel my happiness. Hiroki is another miracle in my life, completed my happiness which I built with Ran. He's our everything now, our love.

At the time Ran lived alone in Italy, I never worried cause of how amazing he's can speak Italian now. Maybe it wasn't like a pro but at least he knew how to speak with the team, coach, and communicated with people around him. He still plays in Padova till today, I think he just enjoys playing with the whole team.

"We've many itineraries today, papa. Let's wake up", he smiles while playing with Hiroki in his lap.

"Hiroki can you say to your mama, don't nag like a grandma", Ran pretended to whisper to Hiroki as if he knew what his papa was saying.

"You two..", and I join them on the bed. Tickle Hiroki and Ran till their laugh fulfills this room.

---

According to the plan, today I visited my parent's cemetery in Fukushima. I came here yesterday and stay in an old house where my aunt lived. I came here at least two times a year since I lived in Tokyo and it must take 3 hours by train.

Hiroki is big enough to travel with. So I don't worried about it. Even Ran requested I and Hiroki go to Italy with him at the next season Superlega. And maybe I will do it, cause I already miss Italian pizza which is very big as one portion.

"Hello, mom, dad. I'm here" when we reach my parent's cemetery, suddenly I am about to cry. I think they'll be happier if know how's her daughter lives now. How's she grow alone without a dream but try to live with all of her ability. And how's her daughter being a mom since 2 years ago.