me? you? us?

Next morning

I woke up with his side of the bed empty, just like usual. What happened between us these past few days made me think we were moving forward. I thought I was getting past the walls that he had built around himself. But guess, that was just my wishful thinking.

I sighed and walked over to the bathroom not wanting to get late for school.

As I got out of my room, fully dressed for work, I heard a very sweet voice coming from the dining room. I walked inside and was surprised to see him sitting there, with everyone.

"Yoongi! I thought you left early again." I smiled as I sat on the chair beside his.

"I thought I told you to change." He smiled back at me.

I couldn't say anything else as we both looked into each other's eyes. His eyes, I could get lost into only to be never found again.

"Hyung is whipped for you y/n-ah."
I broke the eye contact when jungkook whispered in my ear.

"Huh?" Was all I said as I looked over to him very confused.

"Why? He rarely smiles. At me? Yes often. But girls? You the only one."

"Well, if you are right then him and i are on the same boat." I confessed.

"I'm happy for you both. Really." Jungkook passed me a very genuine smile that I gladly reciprocated.

Throughout the breakfast I could hear Mom's happy giggles as jungkook kept on making comments about me and yoongi. I find it really amusing how these two can act like total adults but what really shocked me was when dad joined in as well. I could tell that the three of them were happy with the progress we made in our relationship.

"Come on y/n, I'll drop you on my way to the company. "

I nodded and took my purse as we walked over to the car. He opened the door for me. Him being gentleman made me smiled. I guess chivalry isn't dead just yet.

"Y/n, can I ask you something?"

I looked over at him and nodded.

"Yes. Anything."

"Why do you work as a teacher? I mean, umm, it doesn't really pay much, you know? Don't you think business would have been a better choice?"

He was focusing on the road as he said all that.

"You're right. Being a teacher doesn't pay you much but I enjoy this yoongi. You know? I-i like kids and this job is rewarding, like the bright sparkle in their eyes whenever they do well in a test or their happy smiles when I reward them with a star for being a good kid. It's calming. I get payed less financially but still enough to carry on my life. Business would have been a better choice but it won't bring me the peace that I wanted to seek to be honest. I've spent all of my childhood watching dad stress about some business deal or something related and I didn't wanted that for myself."

He gave me a quick smile before he focused back on the road.

"I can understand. Sometimes I wish that I would have chosen music as well. But that doesn't mean I don't like what I do. I guess, with time I made my peace with my reality and learned to love what I do."

We didn't said anything else. Rest of the journey went in silence. But not some awkward silence. Rather a very comfortable one.

He dropped me at the school. For the first few moments of my class, I was still daydreaming about him and what he said. Later on, I was brought back to the reality by all the kids who seem to be in a great mood today.

The day went by really fast. As I was getting ready to leave, I decided to check my phone, just in case someone texted or called.

And yes I was right.

The first text that greeted me was of yoongi.

"Don't leave on your own y/n. I'll pick you up. Have a good day at work."

It was just after he dropped me in the morning.

I smiled as I saw him waiting in the car outside the school gate. On time, as always.

"So, had a good day?"

He asked me as I sat on the passenger seat.

"Very. What about you? Are you skipping work Mr. Min?"

He laughed a little at my interrogation.

"No, I decided to spend some more time with you from now on. Just like normal couples. Can't I do that?"

He looked over at me raising an eyebrow.

"Whom am I to deny? I would love that."

Time skip

After dinner

I was sitting on the bed, reading my novel and also waiting for yoongi who was talking to someone on the phone for the last half an hour.

"So, you might want to skip the work tomorrow."

Yoongi said as he came inside the room and closed the door behind him.

"And why is that?"

I asked him as I stood up to keep the book back on the bookshelf.
He followed me before continuing.

"A business party. We'll have to leave at around 7. And I assume, you might wanna take your time to get ready. Plus, I don't want you to be tired with the party and work too."

I nodded. I won't lie but I still what he said earlier today occupied mind a little. I was hopeful. And he seemed to sense my thoughts so he asks

"Y/n, is everything alright?"

"Yes." I nod but he didn't seem to believe that so I tell him

"Its nothing yoongi. Really. Just thinking."

"About what?" He asked as he looked straight in my eyes.

"A-about what you said earlier this morning."

"Huh? That i like my job?"

I nodded.

"What about it?" He asked again, still confused.

"You said you learned to like your job"

He nodded

"D-do you think that with time maybe you'll learn to love me as well. You know?"

He was taken aback by my sudden question and didn't said anything for a few moments. I was getting scared now. Did I overstep my boundaries? I should control my stupid mouth. Is he angry?

But contrary to my thoughts, he held my shoulders firm and looked straight into my eyes.

"You doubt that? I have spent all of my life building these walls around me and you, Min Y/n, you shatter them to dirt with just a touch of yours. The path that I am on has only one final destination, you. No other stops, nothing. I know I will Love you. I just need some time. Hell! If you haven't noticed yet then let me tell you, I think I'm already falling for you!"