𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟮 : 𝗕𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗗𝗶𝗮𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗱

Start from the beginning

"Uh hey I'm kai, kai matthews." Kai introduced himself fully, taking off his cap to reveal a full head of curly hair. He was sending her a sweet smile which she returned.

"I'm Lj Wu, nice to meet you." She told him, he moved to sit next to her but quickly gave her a look of it was ok which she nodded. If Lj was honest, she would have rather just sat in silence looking away from the three instead of having one of the awkward conversations.

"So you moved here a few months ago?" She turned her head to look Kai who was smiling slightly.

"Oh yeah, I moved to The Valley last year but only moved to school about two months back." He nodded, still giving her the weird smile which caused her to turn away from him slightly and go back to looking at the other baseball players.

The boy was disappointed that he was being ignored in a way but when he tried to talk to her again, he noticed a pair of eyes glaring him down for some reason by the vending machine. Yet before Kai could mention it, his friend interrupted.

"Alright we gotta go kai. I'll see you later liz." Colt told them, sending the curly haired girl a wink before running back into the diamond. Kai send Lj a wave, jogging behind his friend. She returned it but quickly filled her eyes and look at Liz.

"Liz he just invited himself, I am not third wheeling all night! I already sometimes third wheel with Vicki and Miguel." The raven haired girl complained, placing her hands to her face.

"No you won't " Liz told her she softly, standing up looking at her friend who's face looked annoyed, slightly unimpressed. "Promise." She held her pinky that was quickly linked with her friends.

"Promise," Lj let their hands stay connected until liz blurted out that she needed to run and get something from her locker. She practically forced Lj to stay in the seats just until she got back. "Alright Liz, I wasn't gonna move anyway."

She watched her friend speed away from the baseball diamond towards the building. Taking her phone out of he pocket to search up the snap kai had given her but a voice distracted her.

"Hey Loreali." It was Anthony standing with two bags of chips. "Want one?" Holding out a bag of Takis and a bag of Doritos to the girl who nodded and grabbed the bag of Doritos.

"Thanks Anthony." Lj said, Turing off her phone slightly forgetting what she was doing on it. "You can sit down if you want." He sat down beside her, opening his bag of chips.

"How comes youre here? Wouldn't have expected to see you at a baseball game." Anthony asked, taking a few Takis in his mouth after.

"Liz dragged me here to meet some guy named Colt. His name is literally Colton. If I'm being honest he's a bit of an asshole, literally invited himself to the drive in." Lj explained quickly, Anthony looking at her and listening, meaning back in his chair. "Gonna be a third wheel all night."

"Colt? Sounds like cult or something." He pulled a face at the name, making her nod in agreement and took some chips from the bag. "Isn't Elizabeth dating that guy you're friends with?"

"Don't act like you don't know Kenny's name." Lj watched his face drop then turn into an eye roll, she may have forgiven him and maybe slightly have become his friend but Kenny was no where near the possibility of being civil with him, let alone his friend. "But I have to agree with you, kenny and liz are a way better couple by a million than cult."