💣☘️🌑 Chapter 16🌙☘️💣

A/N aka a day with Klee :) enjoy :D

~🌑🌙~

"Miss Wrennnnnnn!!!!" Wren turned around only to almost fall over as she was hit full on with all of the little spark knight's glory. She laughed and pulled back, kneeling down to Klee's height to smile at her. "Hello Klee," She said softly. "Having fun?" Klee nodded enthusiastically, her blond pigtails bouncing with every movement. "Yup- Dodoco and I are going on an adventure today!" Wren raised an eyebrow and stood to her feet. "Again? Didn't you go on one yesterday?" She followed Klee into the main square and towards Good Hunters.

Klee huffed and placed her gloved hands on her hips. "I can go on adventures every day," She said. "Brother Albedo said it was okay! As long as I don't go fish blasting!" Wren laughed. "Whatever you say, Klee..." She handed a small pouch of mora to Sara, who was at the front counter as always, accepting the parcel of food she gave in return. The women exchanged smiles, both turning to Klee when she jumped to look over the counter, bracing her hands onto the wood in front of her. "Sara!" She said, leaning forward towards her. "1 fisherman's toast please~" 

Klee continued to chat as Sara prepared her order, talking about the previous day when she had found a particularly large, blue flower near the thousands winds temple ("...You're talking about mist flowers, right?" "..."), and practicing her gliding at the cliffs near Mondstat. Wren had been planning on doing her commissions for the day that morning, but she decided against it. Klee was good company. Such childlike innocence was admirable, almost. "One fisherman's toast for our favorite spark knight!" Sara chirped, holding up the food in loosely wrapped plain paper. "I made it just the way you like it- though it's probably not as good as you make it." Klee giggled. "Thank you!"

With that, the duo set off, leaving the city after dropping off the package for Wagner, hard at work at the forge. Klee wanted to pick some apples for "her friend who sings nice songs", whoever that was. When Wren asked why she couldn't just buy some from Blanche, Klee responded that she wanted them to be as fresh as possible- only the best for someone close to her. But Wren suspected it was just so that Klee could leave the headquarters. 

And there they were, Klee standing on her shoulders as she struggled to grab an apple from the tallest branches of a Cuihua tree, while Wren anxiously watched the small hilichurl camp in the distance. Wren allowed herself to ignore the triumphant sound of Klee successfully yanking the fruit off the tree when she noticed the mitachurl seated among the other hilichurls. Wren counted four in total- the mitachurl, two fighters, and a beserker... That- was not good. It was nothing but her, but Klee was here- and although she knew that the young girl could do perfectly well on herself, she didn't want to take any chances; Klee's pyro would do wonders on the mitachurl's shield, but pyro against pyro almost never fared well. Almost being always, at least from what she knew... and it was against her luck that the mitachurl swiveled its head towards them to stare at her dead in the eye.

Wren's eyes widened, and the mitachurl froze for a moment before jumping to it's feet, grabbing the shield beside it and running towards them, the other three following close behind him. As the beserker began to spin in circles with its fire lit club, Wren reached up to frantically tap Klee's ankles. "Klee- you done?" The girl stared down at her, blinking confusedly. "Uh- I got some, I don't know if that's enough- I think it is though, he usually doesn't even have any-" "Off we go then-" Wren carefully lowered Klee from her shoulders and into her arms, then sprinted for the nearest waypoint. She did not  feel like fighting today, no thank you. She hated how the monsters in this world didn't actually dissolve into ashes immediately like in the game. They could still bleed out and die- and it was only after a few minutes that the bodies would disappear. Too bad the blood that would stain her clothes for days on afterwards didn't do the same- and no amount of washing would get it off... it didn't help that it smelled like rotten sunsettias.