⚡️ Chapter 8 ⚡️

"You're joking, the two of you!" said Ron in astonishment, his piece of steak and kidney pie left forgotten halfway to his mouth. "Seeker and Chaser? But first years never – you two must be the youngest house players...!"

"... in about a century," Harry completed for the redhead, taking a bite of his own steak and kidney. "Wood told us..." Ron gaped at the two of them sitting across from him. "Right, Vega?"

Vega nodded absentmindedly, looking down at her food. It was finally dinnertime and Ron had finally met up with Vega and Harry, with the two of them spilling out what had happened with Professor McGonagall.

Well, it had mainly been Harry who had spoken. Vega hadn't mentioned anything at all. She didn't want to talk. The Remembrall was still in her pocket.

She hadn't gathered the nerve to go and hand it over to Neville.

He was still in the Hospital Wing.

There was sudden movement and Vega jumped, almost falling out of her seat when two individuals joined them at the Gryffindor – but her arm was grabbed before she could. She looked at the person and saw that it was Fred Weasley.

"Whoa, there!" Fred said rather jovially and Vega just stared at his face as his twin brother sat down across from them and next to Harry and Ron. "Don't want you falling!"

Vega continued to stare at his face blandly. She found it easy to differentiate between the two twins – Fred had a lot of freckles underneath his right ear. That was visual differentiation. Fred also had a strange overconfidence in his voice when he spoke while his brother's voice was more grounded.

"Well done," George said in a low voice. "Wood told us about it. We're the on the team as well – Fred and I. Beaters," Vega nodded quietly in response.

It wasn't hard to see that Fred and George were playing as the beaters of the Gryffindor team – unlike Ron and Percy, they were clearly quite stocky. They reminded her of Charlie Weasley. Vega briefly wondered if she would gain such nice muscles if she played beater as well. But alas, there could only be two beaters at a time.

"I tell you," Fred said. "We're going to win that Quidditch Cup for sure this year," He was grinning. "We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant," He looked at them. "You two must be good, Wood was almost skipping when he told us,"

"Was he?" Vega muttered quietly, glancing at him from the corner of her eyes. She could imagine Oliver Wood skipping down the corridors.

It was a rhetorical question but Fred's brown eyes turned to meet her grey ones.

"Anyway, we've got to go," George spoke up, unaware. "Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school," Vega lowered her head away.

"I bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week," Fred responded, glancing at the female whose whole visible head now was just a bunch of glossy curls. "See you,"

Fred and George had hardly disappeared from their table when someone far less welcome turned up: Malfoy, flanked by Crabbe and Goyle. Vega raised her head to look at him, exasperated.

"Having a last meal, Potter?" Malfoy said, rounding up on the boy. Vega could see this becoming an annoying rivalry. "When are you getting the train back to the Muggles?"

"You're a lot braver now that you're back on the ground and you've got your little friends with you," Harry responded rather coolly.

Vega continued to stare nonchalantly at Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle, for they could do absolutely nothing as the whole High Table was filled with teachers. She imagined that anything and everything could be seen from that distance.