00

When we're young.. We tend to see the world as colorful as possible. We tend to believe that there's always rainbows behind every dullness; and when we see any corner hueless, we feel this exhilaration to paint it with every tint we got. But some corners.. Aren't really worth the try. Not worth the paint. Not worth our love. Not worth the hurt.

"Are you sure with this, babe?"

I rolled the last shirt that I'll bring to the Philippines. I slipped and packed it in the luggage. I nodded and stood up to get my check list that's on my side table. I don't want to forget anything.

He sighed and wrapped his arms around my waist in disagreement. I know he doesn't approve of this, but I need to be back. I can't be here forever.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be, hmm?" I faced him and looked at his eyes. Tinignan niya lang ako habang nakakunot ang noo. I massaged his forehead to remove the wrinkles then wrapped my arms on his nape. "Are you worried?"

Tumango siya, "Yes."

"Why?" I chuckled. He kissed the top of my head and snuggled a bit.

"Just because.. " he breathed. "You're going to go back, right?"

"Of course," I assured him. "And why wouldn't I be back, hmm?"

"I don't know.. " he whispered against my neck. I smiled to myself as I feel my heart flutter. "Susunod ako, okay?"

Tumango ako't hinawakan ang mukha niya para titigan, his eyes are dark and very expressive. He never looked soft, we was always this.. Rough looking. "Okay," ngumiti ako.

"After our concert in Chicago I'll be following you, one more concert and this world tour's done, babe.. " he assured. Tumango ako't pinindot ang dulo ng ilong niya na nagpatawa sa kaniya. "I'll miss you.. "

"I'll miss you, too. Call me, alright? Drink and eat a lot and on time."

"Of course," he sported a smile that showed me his perfect set of teeth. "Call me when your plane lands."

"I will," I dropped a kiss on the tip of his nose. I patted his shoulders to escape his hug but he wouldn't let me, I laughed. "Stop! I need to pack pa!"

"Hmm.. Will you help me pack my clothes for Chicago, too?" malambing niyang tanong. Tumango nalang ako para matapos na ang yakapan namin. I need to finish up! My.. Dad specifically asked me to be home.

And I want to be home, too.. It's been years of not showing up on special events.

"Alright, babe. Just let go of me," I fought. He eventually let go of my waist and that allowed me to finish my agendas. Sunod kong inayos ang maliit niyang maleta na iilang damit lang naman ang dala.

He needs to go to Chicago, his flight's going to be two hours long. I don't even know why he insisted to go here.

"Done," ngumiti ako sa kaniya. Tinignan niya lang ako't tinapik ang lap niya, he was giving me a small smile. "Someone's clingy," I teased.

"Why don't you move to Cali, babe? Or to Washington? Texas? Maganda sa Cali.. Nandoon pa si Eva, she can check on you once in a while.. " he whispered. Agad akong umupo sa kandungan niya't kumapit sa kaniyang batok.

"But Philadelphia's fine.. I'm happy here," I puckered my lips.

"I don't know anyone here.. Maybe I should move in with you?"

"E 'di pinagalitan ka ni Chase? You have a career, Niko.. " paalala ko. Bumuntong-hininga siya at hinigpitan ang yakap sa 'kin.

"I don't want to lose you because of this career, Norine.. "