so you open your dress

I sat closely to her, too close but I had no intention of moving. She was simply lovely; I could sit here and look at her all day. "Wow, the world really is small.", she said, commenting on my relationship with Yuta she had no idea about. I responded, informing her about where my brother and I stand, trying to keep it light. The woman next to me smiled lightly to me as she tried to change the subject of conversation. "I-", was all she managed to say before my phone rang. I took my phone out of my pocket, "Hana". I got up, "I'm sorry, excuse me.", I said as I walked away to answer the phone.

"Hey, Suguru.". I sighed, "Hey, Hana. Is everything okay?", I said to the woman through the phone. "I need you to do me a favor. Can you?", she said. "Is it about the girls?", I asked. "Yeah, I want to go out with some friends and I'm gonna be gone for the week. Sorry for not telling you sooner, can you please stay with them?", Hana said quickly, as though she were doing something. Probably packing. "Yeah, no problem. I'll pick them up today.", I responded. The woman sighed in relief, "Thank you Suguru, I'm so sorry for the abrupt-". "No no, it's perfectly fine.". "Can you come by at 5? We're planning on leaving tonight at around 7.", she said. "Of course, no worries.".

We said our goodbyes and hung up. I smiled to myself; I'm going to see them this week. I went to Y/n's room to find her building what looked like a nightstand. "Hey, sorry about that.", I said from the doorway before joining her on the floor. The woman turned to me with a smile on her face, I'd only just met her but every time she smiles at me... it makes me so happy. She was beautiful, her smile and the way her nose scrunched up every time only brought out her beauty more. "Hi, as you can see, our next project is gonna be my two nightstands.", she said. I smiled back at her, "Sounds good.".

-•-

"I have some books at my place that I've gone through if you'd like to read them", I said to Y/n. I'd managed to help her put up a bookshelf on her wall, which she decorated very nicely. "I'd actually really like that. Oh- could you check the time for me?", she asked me as she placed small plants on a shelf. I pull out my phone and see that it was 6:30, my eyes widen. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. "Shit.", was all I could say as I realized how late I was. I rushed to place a few more books on the shelf, Y/n questioning why. "I'm sorry but I have to go.", I said as I hurried out of her room and into the kitchen.

I grabbed my keys and my hoodie before turning to Y/n who was looking at me confused. I felt a frown form on my face; I had gotten so lost in her stories about her trips and home life and all of her corny jokes. I loved talking to her so much that I didn't even realize how quickly the time had passed. "I'm so sorry to leave on such short notice but I'm running late for somewhere I need to be.", I said to the woman. I felt bad leaving her so abruptly after promising to help her and having such a good time with her while doing so. "It's okay, I've got the rest.", she responded with a small smile on her face. I asked for her number quickly and apologized again before exiting her apartment.

I rushed out of the building and to my car, turning it on and putting on my seat belt before my phone rang through my car. Fuck, I'm not gonna hear the end of it. I answered it, knowing exactly who it was. "Suguru. Do you not see the time?", the woman said, anger clear through her voice. "I know, I know. I'm sorry, I lost track of time but I'm on my way, I swear.", I responded, driving. She groaned, "You know, I'm not gonna hold it against you because this is your first time running late. But why did it have to be tonight, Suguru? I'm supposed to leave in half an hour, for fucks sake.", she yelled through the phone.

"I know, I'm sorry, Hana. I just got caught up, and I wasn't paying attention to the time.", I said as I borderline began to speed on the road. "It better have been important, Suguru. Get here.", she said. "I will, I'm about 20 minutes away.". "Then get here.", she said before hanging up. At least God is on my side tonight and Hana's place wasn't far, or else I'd really be done for. Hana was a sweet woman but when she got angry, she was unbearable. How could I be so irresponsible? I groaned at the position I was in because of how irresponsible I had been. I thought back to Y/n, I should make it up to her tomorrow. If I do, I'd also get to see her again so it's a win-win. God, I sound pathetic right now.