Laventon

Your pencil scratched on the paper in front of you as you wrote in the Pokedex entry for the Aipom that, annoyingly, wouldn't stop jumping around. You glared at the purple creature for a second before turning back to focus on your work.

A while ago, the professor had asked for your help in his research as the Galaxy Team was bringing in way more information than he could handle by himself. You always loved pokemon, as irritating as some of them could be. You stopped your work for a second to glance back over at Aipom as it started throwing books everywhere. You didn't have much choice but to put it back into its Pokeball, you'd have to clean the lab up before Laventon came back. Being close to pokemon was nothing more than a dream to you, helping Laventon was the best thing to happen to you.

"(Y/N)! How's the entry coming along?" You tensed when you heard the Professor's voice from behind you. You weren't expecting him to come back so soon.

"Ah, sorry about the lab, I was about to put it all back." You sheepishly told him, turning your body around in the chair to face him.

He smiled at you, "Don't worry about it." His tall form sauntered over toward you. You expected him to go toward the bookshelf to re-organize the misplaced books, but instead, he came over to you, looming over your shoulder to read what you had put down.

You leaned back slightly so he could see, "Is that good enough, or would you prefer more detail?"

"No, no, it's fantastic! You're an excellent worker." He reassured, patting your shoulder in approval before walking over to pick up the fallen books.

Laventon loved you a bit too much, knowing almost everything about you before you even accepted to help him in the lab. He'd say it was important to know the people in the village, but you were the only one he knew this much about.

"I'm really sorry about the mess," You said, standing to go pick up the remaining few. You knew the order they went in. "I didn't think Aipom would get this out of control."

"Don't worry about it, Pokemon can be unpredictable at times."

"Well, I think I'm about done with its evolution line if you had any other species you needed me to work on."

"Next one should be Magikarp, I'll check in with Cyllene to see if we have any caught yet."

You nodded, going over to close the notebook, grabbing Aipom's Pokeball as well. You wanted to build some sort of trust with this one, having a partner would be useful if you were going to explore the wild one day.

"Are you going to keep it?"

"Yeah," You responded, "I'll take it out to the training grounds later today to see how well I can battle with it."

Laventon watched you as you pocketed the Pokeball, he'd have to keep encouraging the Aipom to misbehave if you were this determined to keep it. In truth, he didn't want you to own a Pokémon, it'd only make things harder on his end. Oh well, he has plenty of time, and sooner or later you'd give up on it, right? At least that's what he had hoped, but you wouldn't stop trying to befriend the monkey. Over time you had developed a bond with the smaller creature, miraculously gaining the respect of it, which wasn't good for him, it meant that you'd be out in the wild and if that were the case then you were in danger every time you stepped out of Jubilife. So, he decided to try to talk you out of your explorations.

"Can I talk to you, (Y/N)?" He'd asked one afternoon, practically giving you a heart attack as you assumed he was going to tell you he didn't want your help anymore.  

You nervously smiled up at him, making him blush lightly, "Sure," 

"I don't want you leaving the village anymore, more and more alpha Pokemon are being spotted nowadays- it's just too dangerous," Laventon explained, shoving his large hands into the pockets of his long white coat.

You averted your gaze to the patterns in the carpet, "Is this temporary?" 

"Yeah." He lied, you weren't ever going back out, not under his supervision. In fact, he planned to give you a little more work every other week to stay in your company for a little longer. With time, you'd eventually spend all your time with him in his lab. "But hey! Think on the bright side, the Survey Corps. will bring in more pokemon now that there are mass outbreaks happening all the time." 

You grinned at that, I guess staying in the village for a little while wouldn't be so bad, it even gave you a chance to introduce Aipom to more of the villagers to prove that Pokemon weren't monsters when you came to understand them. And with the professor with you, you'd be safe, right?