Sexy chuckle again. "Just so you don't think I'm just some random dude hanging around elevators. I actually live here." Trust fund baby, perhaps? The only way someone so young could afford this place.

"Oh. Welcome to Belltown Heights, I guess. If you need any help unpacking—" Seriously, gutter brain? "ask someone else."

"I'll keep that in mind. Check it out, we're actually on the same floor."

Only one button lit up on the panel when I glanced to check. "What unit?"

"I'm unit F." For fuck.

An annoying thorn in my throat tickled and I gagged on it a little. "Please refrain from having any loud parties. I'm just down the hall from you."

He shrugged. "Not my style. I enjoy intimate parties." Who, in this day and age, winks? Adam does and for a brief second I wanted to be invited to his parties.

Thank goodness for small blessings because the elevator finally stopped and the doors opened again. I walked out into the hallway, suddenly needing to put as much space between me and this "random dude".

He walked past me so I could ogle his nicely shaped butt without his knowledge. What am I talking about? Of course he knows I'm staring at it. Tightening my grip on my keys, I power walked to my door.

"I'll see you around Gwen in 36 D."

The door slammed behind me and I immediately locked it. My purse slid to the floor, shoes kicked off my stockinged feet as I made my way to the shower. I took off my wet clothes, skirt, blouse, bra and stockings. My panties were soaked through and fell around my feet. This horny girl needs a cold shower.

***

My quick shower woke me up and instead of staying in bed to watch Hallmark movies, I decided to do something productive like make real food instead of ordering Chinese followed by guilty cardio the next day. I played my voice messages while I assessed what's inside the fridge.

"Gwen, why did you leave without telling me? I hate you. Gina is being nasty and mean to me because you're not here." Lara was the second assistant and hardly as smart as I am in figuring out Gina's moods.

Beep.

"You have no idea how incompetent Lara is! I can't believe you'd leave me in her incapable hands!" Gina.

Beep.

"Hey babe!"

My heart skipped a beat.

"It's me. There's really no sense in having a cellphone if you never charge it. Anyway, we're still working on the case and I just wanted to say hi and tell you I miss you. I'll see you in a few days. Mwah!"

Kevin is such a sweetheart. I have to make sure my Brazilian — wax and blowout— is still on for Friday afternoon so I'm ready for him this weekend. My boyfriend is tall, handsome, rich and 15 years older than me. Definitely my type. How else could I afford a luxury condo with views of the Puget Sound in downtown Seattle?

I pressed a button to his dial his number and of course got his voicemail. "Hey sweetie! I got your message, so sweet. I miss you so much my baby. I cannot wait to lick every inch of you—"

Loud thumping on my front door stopped me from talking further. I whispered a quick goodbye and stood on my tiptoes to look through the peephole.

What the fuck is this spoiled frat brat doing outside my door?

"What do you want?" I yelled through the door.

"It's Adam. Elevator."

"I remember." My soiled panties remember. "What is it?"

"Are we really going to talk through this door?"

"I don't open my door to strangers." He was dangerous, the kind that excited me and it was better for me — and the monthly allowance I get from Kevin—if I kept the door closed.

"Listen, I'm completely harmless. I promise."

Not with that body he isn't. "I'm not dressed to receive company."

"This isn't the 1920's. Besides I really need your help. Come on, 36 D, help a neighbor out."

Who knows what came over me? Before I could stop myself I had unlocked the door and there he was. He had changed into a gray shirt that hugged his expansive chest and muscled arms quite well.

Suddenly, my mouth went dry like an alcoholic who's been sober for too long. My ash blond hair, still damp from the shower, stuck to my cheeks and neck. The hem of my oversized sweater barely reached midthigh and I fought the urge to pull it lower. "Please don't tell me you locked yourself out of your place."

He laughed, covering his face with his enormous hands. Enormous. Hands. "How did you know?"

"Because it happened to me." I sighed and opened the door wider. "Come in. We have to call Martha."

As he strolled into my apartment, I knew I made a mistake. A sweet, delicious mistake—my favorite kind.