dancing in the rain ˚₊·͟͟͟͟͟͟͞͞͞͞͞͞➳❥ camilo x gn!reader

Start from the beginning

"That would be lovely, thank you." Y/n curved a small smile in abash as you noticed Pepa approaching you.

"Mi vida, you're going to get them all wet now." Felix who's just behind Pepa stated, the thunder erupted again as the ginger haired woman glared at her lover.

"Mama, y/n just took a bath, they can't have another!" Camilo dashed towards you, combing your half dried hair.

"I know, i know. I just want to greet them! Come sit with us now." 

And just by that, everyone sat on their respective seats again.

The breakfast resumed as the cloud above Pepa's head seemed to falter off..

..until the breakfast ended..

Dark clouds then came back as it was now thundering all over the village, y/n worriedly stared at everyone rushing inside Casita.

Camilo was about to dash inside while pulling you with him as he stopped, noticing you not moving from your place.

"Cami, i think i need to go home now. I'll see you tom--"

"Mi amor, you just arrived! I want to spend time with you!" He puckered his bottom lips, silently begging at you.

You showed him a crooked smile. "I don't think we can spend time together tod--" You two were interrupted when the rocks on the ground elicited a soft pat as the rain started drizzling, it was only a soft shower, a soft cloudy shower.

He looked up as so did i.

"Camilo! Y/n! Come inside now! It's starting!" Agustin yelled by the doorway as the two didn't move an inch. 

The rain sang and sang as the thunder loudly rang, the smell of the soil-soaked by the rain delicately lingered on everyone's noses, the cold wind breeze made your skin crawl.

But it was still showers, soft showers, mist showers, the one who would dance with the fog ontop of the mountain.

Camilo jolted as you did too, he looked around and upwards. His unpredictable expression confused you even more.

Not until he smiled, his eyebrows quirked as he whipped his head towards you, you tilted your head like a parent asking their precious child a wanted request.

"Let's dance in the rain, amor!" He mirthfully exlaimed, spinning around as he lets the drizzling rain hug his figure.

You awed at his request as you gazed up the cloudy sky, you slowly curved a smile in agreement, what could hurt? A little rain? A little shower?

He softly gasped, probably not expecting your 'yes' as he lets out an excited cute sound, grabbing your hands as you two ran farther away from the table.

He giggled, intertwining his hands on yours, you blushed by this. A happy and contented tint of pinkish color rouged your cheeks.

You could hear señorita Julieta and Mirabel screaming at the both of you to stop your foolishness or you'll catch a cold.

But both of you seemed to pay no mind, the rain's pit and patter was louder than their voices.

It was a soft pit and pat as your bubble deafened anything but the rain and his sweet honey-like voice.

You two continued dancing and dancing as he spun the both of you around.

You let out a loud giggle as he ran further away, stopping to lift you off the ground every now and then.

"You're doing great, amor!" He cupped your cheeks that was already wet from the rain. You melted at his words.

The water dripped on your eyelashes as you blinked a few times in process, he softly laughed, grabbing both of your hands to pull your closer, both your faces only inches away as your wet foreheads would bump onto each other every now and then.

You sighed in content as you laid your head on his shoulder, he stiffened as his heartbeat thumped louder and louder.

His rain-like heartbeat that complemented your relief and content played in your head like a cassette tape over and over again.

"I think we should seek shelter now." You suggested, looking around to notice that the both of you are outside Casita now.

"And why is that?" He hummed questioningly spinning you around again.

"Well--"

"Why would you seek shelter from the rain, if the rain already sought shelter on you?" You chuckled at his wise words as he gave you a cocky smile.

So suddenly, the dark and dreary clouds disappeared, but the rain was still there.

Sunlight and rainbows was seen from above as the both of you dashed towards Casita to see almsot everyone also dancing in the rain.

You and Camilo looked at each other with goofy gazes.

"It was fun dancing in the rain with you, Cami."

"I love you too, mi corazón."  

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

a/n's note:
i published this the same night i published the book, if i ever wrote she/her instead of they/them, im really sorry! i only read it like 2 times and i'm not sure if everything's correct, if i ever did type something wrong, i'll make sure to fix it!