🌸|𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 4 ⌫

"Y-yeah, let's go,"

"Y-yeah, let's go,"

Y/n replied bashfully. Tanjiro nodded before they started walking.

AAAAA- THIS IS SO AWKWARD SOME PLEASE KILL ME-

"Y/n! Y/n! Look! It's a cat!" Tanjiro exclaimed before stopping their tracks as he bent down to pat the cat like an excited child.

The cat meowed as it leaned into Tanjiro's touch. "Cute~" Tanjiro cooed.

Y/n watched with a soft smile before bending over to hesitantly pat the cat. The cat purred in response making Y/n suppress a squeal.

"Well we have to go now! Bye bye!" Tanjiro said with a smile as the both of them stood up.

"Uwah~ The cat was so cute~" Tanjiro raved. "It was!"

For the next few moments they walked in silence, though they didn't find it awkward this time.

The sun was then setting as sounds of leaves rustling was heard due to the generous wind.

"Ano, Y/n," Tanjiro called out as Y/n turned to face him, both of them still walking.

"What is it?" Y/n asked in curiosity. "Have you always gone home alone on days like these?"

Y/n's eyes widened when she heard those words.

"Yeah..."

He's right. Even though Kanae nee-san, Kanao nee-san and Shinobu nee-san take care of me, I can't help but feel lonely. No one would even walk home with me.

The h/c-haired girl furrowed her eyebrows as she recollected memories. Memories that she had locked away deep in her heart.

"Finally! Class is over!" It was Y/n's second year in junior high. 'guess I'm all alone again...' Y/n thought as she started walking. 'Its alright being alone, right?' Y/n thought as she furrowed her eyebrows, her lips quivering.

However she still couldn't shake the feeling off. She knew that this was a small matter. But it's still painful, isn't it?

"I see. Then from now on, I'll walk back with you, Y/n!"

When she heard those words, her breath hitched.

"Tanjiro..." Y/n whispered as tears threatened to fall.

Y/n then tackled Tanjiro into a tight hug. His burgundy eyes widened before snaking his arms around the girl's waist and resting his head on the crook of her neck, listening to her sobs.