⇥ CHAPTER 32

a bit of a time skip, whoops! 
MARCELA'S FAVORITE DAY

VALENTINE'S DAY, A day Marcela treasured in her heart

VALENTINE'S DAY, A day Marcela treasured in her heart. Considering her horrible luck, Marcela liked to live in the present and live each day as if it were her last, leading her to shower family and friends with love to remind them of how much she loved them, and was grateful they were in her life. 

If she had to pick a favorite holiday, Valentine's Day would be the answer— no hesitation. It was a fact practically everyone knew after spending at least one Valentine's Day with Marcela, who would gift them with chocolates and kind remarks throughout the day. 

Knowing this, Mark was absolutely shocked when he saw Marcela enter the hospital— no headband with hearts on it, no heart pins on her lab coat, no red shoes, no chocolates or flowers in her arms. 

It scared him— especially considering the fact that he had prepared himself to face Marcela's cheery attitude around her boyfriend for six months. 

"Uh... Sweets?" Mark droned out, frowning his brows as Marcela quirked a brow at him while she walked towards the Nurse's Station to grab a chart, "Did you forget what day it is?"

"I know what day it is, Mark." Marcela snorted, shaking her head lightly as she looked at her chart, "It's February 14th."

"Also known as?" Mark questioned, thinking Marcela had turned off her brain.

Marcela paused before bringing the chart down for her eyes to meet his, "What's your point, Mark?" 

Mark blinked, "M-My point—"

"Did you forget today's Valentine's Day or something?" Alex asked, strolling up to meet the two with a granola bar in hand as Marcela exhaled deeply, her face slowly growing red in embarrassment, "Where's the Hershey kisses? And my flowers?"

"Yeah." Mark agreed, nodding as he looked at Marcela, "I had a whole pun prepared, Sweets, what happened?"

"Nothing." Marcela assured, shrugging at the two as she turned around— hoping to find an excuse to distract them while she began to walk away, "I—"

"Hey," Timothy grinned, stopping in front of the group as he placed his scrub cap on before glancing down at his girlfriend, "Bailey's going to chop my head off if I keep you on ortho so I had to toss you over to Plastics, sorry."

"Oh." Marcela gave him a smile back with a nod, "Yeah, no problem."

"No offense taken." Mark chimed in from behind as he shrugged at the remark while Alex laughed before placing his hands up in surrender as Mark threw a glance at him. 

Timothy chuckled lightly at the interaction before giving Marcela a kiss on the cheek as he walked away, "But, good news! We can still look out of the balcony tonight and make fun of the lovey-dovey couples tonight, okay?"