"Where did you get all of those roses?" Joey questioned in awe.

"Just read the messages."

Joey looked at me confusedly, but took the flowers from me, doing as I told. Meanwhile, I carried my backpack and luggage downstairs towards the foyer. When Joey finished reading the messages, he tossed the roses into a vase, and ripped the rude messages into shreds.

I wrote my mother a quick note, informing her of my whereabouts, and tossed it lazily on the kitchen island. I glanced up at Joey curiously as he tossed the shredded notes in my garbage can, shaking his head in disapproval.

Wrapping one arm around my shoulder, Joey led us out the door, locking it behind us. "You should transfer to my school," Joey suggested.

"If only," I sighed. To this day, the four of us still didn't quite understand why we attended different schools. Apparently, when they were enrolling us into kindergarten, our parents had gotten into a squabble. As a result, Lillia and I were signed up for a school seven minutes north of our homes, whereas Joey and Jake were enrolled in a school seven minutes south of our homes.

They insisted that their squabble was minor and unimportant, but to this day, we have yet to attend the same school. We begged them to transfer us when we reached middle school, but they claimed that it was too much work and didn't really matter, considering we were all neighbors and saw each other plenty as it was. Besides, we weren't even in the same grade, so to them, it seemed trivial.

We quickly drove to Joey's house across the street, where he spent a mere ten minutes packing. After that, when we were sure we had everything, we snacked on McDonalds and drove to the hangar for our private jet.

For the duration of the agonizing eleven and a half hour flight, Joey and I worked beside each other on our homework, desiring to finish it all before our weekend trip. We finished our homework generally early, though, and spent the rest of the time watching movies on Netflix on our laptops, snacking, and resting.

Finally, after nearly half a day of traveling by plane, we arrived in Maui, Hawaii. In our time zone, it was three-thirty in the morning, and we normally would have been exhausted. However, due to the excess amount of sleep we had gotten on the airplane, Joey and I were ready to take on the remainder of our night since it was only 9:30 in the evening.

The first thing we had done upon our arrival was drop our bags off in Jake's house on the ocean that we would be staying at.

Personally, I hadn't been to Hawaii in quite a long time, so the beach house looked extremely unfamiliar to me. I had to confusedly shuffle through a few rooms before I finally located the bedrooms and bathrooms. Joey dropped our luggage off into one of the stray bedrooms while I checked out the car in the garage.

Figuring we had a bit of time to spare, I popped into the bedroom and took the cotton candy wine from my suitcase. I noticed a stunning bouquet of cerise and ivory peonies resting on top of the king-sized bed. I walked towards them, admiring the dozens of Hershey kisses that were specially placed in the shape of a heart around the flowers. A primrose colored, plush bear—the size exactly perfect for cuddling—was resting atop the pillows beside a few boxes of assorted chocolates.

A small note was fixated between the bears' hands, and I quietly read the words aloud, "For my princess: like I said before, you deserve the best."

Not wanting to forget about the perfect moment, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and snapped a picture of the scene before me. I hadn't felt the need to send it to my friends, gushing over the lovely scene Joey had prepared for me. Rather, I felt content; I knew what he had done for me and that was all that counted.