Chapter two

A tall guy was standing in front of her. Her hands where still shaking as she stood up.

— Are you alright? He said with a thick English accent.

— I'm fine, Sage said slowly looking up at the strange man dressed in a long beige coat.

He put his hand on Sages shoulder to help her stand more steady. She was feeling better and they walked over to one of the green wooden benches.

They sat quiet and listened to the birds and the little water fountain in the middle of the park.

— What's your name, Sage asked after a while.

— Jordan. He answered still looking at the fountain.

— I'm Sage.

— Good bye Sage, he suddenly said and stood up.

— Bye Sage, answered wondering where he was headed.

She sat on the bench for a few more minutes and picked up one of the sandwiches she bought before.

An old lady was feeding the birds as Sage got up and started walking out of the park. 

The time was about 9 am and the town was almost fully awake. She was walking in one of the oldest parts of the small town and just as she was walking around a corner she saw someone familiar. Her old English teacher from middle school was unlocking her bike outside a café. 

Sage quickly turned around as she really didn't want to talk about old memories or what happened to Avery. She started to walk faster but stoped in her tracks as the short woman shouted her name. 

— Hey mrs Jones, Sage said and turned around. 

— Sage how are you? The middle aged teacher smiled.

— I'm good, considering the circumstances you know, she answered with a visibly forced smile. 

— I know she was such a good kid, mrs Jones said very serious. 

They finally said their goodbyes and mrs Jones rode away on her yellow bike. Sage sighed and started to walk home. 

It started to darken outside and she sat in the small kitchen waiting for her mom to return from her work trip. Some news reporter was talking about economics on the small tv standing on the kitchen counter as the wind howled outside. 

Two hours passed and Sage started making some dinner while still waiting for her mom. The clock turned 11 pm and she was laying in her bed watching random videos when her mom returned. 

She pretended to be asleep as her mom sneaked into her room and kissed her on the forehead. Her mom picked up the knife Sage had cleaned earlier and put it on her desk while shaking her head. 

She succeeded to keep the overwhelming thoughts away for now and soon sleep embraced her and her mind traveled to the unpredictable worlds in her dreams. 

Authors note: hello again sorry for short chapter? If you're reading this damn how did you manage to get thru this mess.