She was also wearing a dress, as Bara had forced her to wear the same as hers, but her hair was up in a bun. All the maids greeted her respectfully which made her uneasy. She wasn't a princess to be treated like that, she had gotten used to being looked down upon so this was all new for her.

She offered to help the maids in the kitchen since she was bored anyways with nothing else to do and it was yet the first day at the palace. What would they do living here for a week other than wondering around or resting, which was impossible for Wafaa as she loved keeping herself busy with work or chores.

After lots of convincing, she started helping one of the old maids in cutting the vegetables for lunch. She was cutting onions with teary eyes when the door opened and entered in two soldiers carrying boxes of fruits followed by Qussay guiding them inside.

Her half open lids landed on the box of plums, then on him. A perfect plan and time for revenge. She wasn't the type to let people off easily.

"Oh my eyes. Ouch. Can I get water. They're burning." She started wincing putting the knife away and with the back of her hand which was holding the onion, she started rubbing her eyes. The maid panicked and got up to grab a glass of water as Qussay who had not noticed her presence tilted his head hearing the familiar voice.

He couldn't remain unbothered as he watched her rub her eye with the onion in her hand which was possibly causing more burn. He wasn't the talkative one anyways, so he played action just as Wafaa wanted him to.

Squatting down, he pulled her hand away from her eyes but before he could take the onion in his grip, she peeped through her eye pushing it right into his mouth fully. His mouth was open wide with the onion inserted in it, his eyes motionlessly gawking at her. The glass of water slipped from the maid's hand in shock as she got back with it to be welcomed with an unexpected view.

Wafaa fell into fits of laughter as he looked really funny to her. "You understood how it feels now?" She stuck her tongue out at him while grabbing onto an empty bowl. "Spit it out now, you can't chew an onio-" Her mouth fell open as she gasped. He closed his mouth, chewing on the onion with a straight face. Her green eyes didn't waver from his mouth watching him chew, and his brown ones remained on her surprised face too.

Her eyes followed the movement of his adam apple as he gulped it down, completely. She covered her mouth with both her hands, her fingers actually touching her eye in the process, causing a real burn. "Oh no! Ya Allah, meri ankh!" She yelped, shutting her eyes. The maid quickly grabbed another glass of water, splashing it on her eye. When she was finally okay, she looked around for the figure to have long gone, leaving her speechless and astonished. That was so attractive, please. Oh no, what am I even thinking?!

"This is also rotten!" He threw another piece of wood in frustration as Qussay watched him with the same expressionless face.

"What's wrong?" He asked his brother who rarely got angry or mad while working with wood especially.

"How can she call me 'badtameez' and leave!" Qasymbek unconsciously spoke out his mind still thinking about his encounter with her.

"The princess?" Qussay grabbed a plum from his sack, throwing it in air and catching it. "Why are you so bothered by her?"

"She makes me go mad, not in a good way, but not in a bad way either." Qasymbek pulled down his cloak, in deep thoughts, as a small smile appeared on his lips thinking about her offering them to be friends. She'd test his patience then melt his impatience away the next moment.

Qussay looked away, staring at the plum in his grip. "Do you like her?"

"What do you mean ussne wo chabba liya? Was he breathing after that?" Bara questioned Wafaa shaking her fully when she narrated the kitchen incident to her. "Wese tum pagal ho jo tumne usske moun mein piyaz thoos diya? He's sensible enough to use plums, but tumne tou haad kar di Ismia!" Bara face palmed as Wafaa bit on her lip, feeling bad and embarrassed.