Her eyes begged him not to leave, so he stayed. Clearing his throat, he stood a few steps away from her in the corner, her eyes only on him to make sure he was there. Mujhy ghoorna band kare gi yeh ya yahin lait jaun mein?

"So young lady." The king begin, as she flinched looking ahead. "What is your name?"

She gulped hard, fiddling with the ends of her dupatta almost tearing it apart with the force. "M-my n-name...." She couldn't keep her eyes still, nor stand still, her toes curling up and down. "Say the truth. Just say it." He spoke in small whispers, feeling himself getting nervous at her state.

She looked him in the eyes. "Bara Hani M-michelle. It's m-me." She said it. The silence didn't last long this time as the cabinet started the gossiping again.

"You're the only daughter of the King of Dearth. The princess belongs to the palace of her kingdom. What are you doing here living secretly in my peaceful land?" The king spoke with anger this time as Bara took a step back, and fell on her knees.

"I don't want to go back. Please don't send me to the palace. I beg you, your highness. I-I just...want to live...in peace. I will...live like a dead person but just don't send me back..... I will....I-" She couldn't complete her sentence as she continued crying with hiccups, her hands joint together, her tears falling, nose flowing.

The same strong scent, she had grown attachment to reached her senses, as the pair of two hands held her arms helping her stand up. She unconsciously again grabbed onto his sleeve for support. The king had cascaded down his throne, reaching the petite crying girl.

"Nobody is sending you back. If you want to stay in my land, you're most welcome, Princess Bara. You will be my guest now." The king spoke his words with softness now, placing a hand over her head as she stared at him in complete shock. He really was the just and kind-hearted king as she had heard.

"Prepare a room for the Princess and let her rest." He ordered one of the workers. "You may rest and let the maids know if you want anything. I will meet you at dinner and introduce the royal family to you. Welcome to the palace." The king smiled at her leaving as she still stood in shock and disbelief.

"Stop crying now, 'princess'!" He said in a teasing way trying to lift her mood up. "Pinch me." She shook his arm with the sleeve she was still holding onto tightly. "What?" He asked but she still looked shocked and in a daze. "Yaad rakhna, you asked for it." He pursed his lips, pinching on her hand which was on his arm as she winced retreating it away from him quickly. The crying shocked face turned into a frown, while the covered face was amused again. Her emotions change with every passing minute.

"Allah, Wafaa! Mujhe Wafaa ke paas jana hai. Ussko bhi King ne aise hi kisi room mein guest rakha ho ga na? How can he be so sweet! Mujhe tou abhi bhi yakeen nai a raha, he..he treated me like a princess." She hadn't felt so relieved in her life as she felt now after going through so much emotional mess of ugly thoughts. "And he-"

"Mujhy bhi yakeen nai a raha, yeh bheegi billi kahin ki princess hai." He cut her off rolling his eyes. Qussay came in at the moment as Bara stepped behind Qasymbek as a reflex.

"You're back." He spoke in his usual serious voice as Bara peeked at him. "As you can see, your brother had to go through the worst nightmare of his life chasing a cat!" Qasymbek fake cried until that turned real due to the furious pinch on his arm from behind. "uff!"

"Ask him, Wafaa kidher hai?" She quickly changed the topic nudging him to ask Qussay.

"Udher." He pointed at the door's direction as Bara popped her head towards the direction immediately. "Kidher?"

𝗠𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗢𝗳 𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗶 𝗧𝗮𝗱𝗸𝗮: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐫𝐚 𝐎𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें