My Baby Is A...

I had finally reached the day of my ultrasound. 20 weeks pregnant and I was going to find out the gender of my baby. Lucifer was coming with me so that he could get the gender to throw me a gender reveal. Lucifer was dressed in some black jeans, a white button-up, and a suit jacket. He had also promised me to stop in at a human world store to get me some human world foods that I had been missing while pregnant. 

We headed into Dr. Alfheim's office. "Is this the father?" She asks me and I shrug. "I, uh...get around so, he's come with me." I tell her as I roll up my shirt. She applies the gel before beginning the ultrasound. "Huh." The doctor says as she starts the Ultrasound. I ask her what's wrong and she quickly informs me. "Only one baby showed up on the ultrasound last time, but now there's two." She explains and shakes her head.

She explains how it was physically impossible for there to be two babies after the 16-week mark. But I knew different. Demon or Angel children could be tricky. "What if you couldn't see it last time? If it was hiding?" I asked her. She said it was possible but highly improbable. She let it go and printed out a photo of the two as they looked to be cuddling. She scribbled down the genders as I looked away.

She then typed it up and put it in an envelope. She handed the envelope to Lucifer as I wiped the gel from my tummy. I stopped for a minute and looked at my tummy. It looked much larger than it had when I had left the house earlier. I smile, petting my baby bump. Lucifer takes my hand, leading me out of the Doctors office. We headed into the supermarket where Lucifer let me have free reign. 

Since I had gotten pregnant, Barbatos had installed a new fridge for me. I had complained that all of my food smelled like Beel's and I was not enjoying it. My body had not been accepting the fact that Beel's food was affecting my own and I was starting to vomit up all of the meals I was eating, minus the snacks. Once Barbatos installed the fridge, My bubbas had changed their minds and were welcoming most meals.

My first stop was the fruit and veg. Carrots, Capsicum, Cucumbers, Dragonfruit, Strawberries, Snowpeas, snap peas, potatoes, everything fresh that I enjoyed went into the cart. I even got some jalapenos. Next was the snacks. Everything went into the cart. I started with the easiest. The chips. Everything was harder than the chips. 3 types of smiths crinkle cut chips, 2 of the largest boxes of chicken crimpys. 

 Next came the biscuits. A family-size pack of milk chocolate and dark chocolate Tim Tams, 2 packs of double-coat Tim Tams, 2 packs of chock mint Tim Tams, a family pack of mint slices. 2 packs of Hundreds, and Thousands, wafers, and Tic Tocs. I had gleefully added in 2 boxes of lunchbox packs of tiny teddies. Everything that was biscuit wise I grabbed two of and depending on the bag of sweets I grabbed two.

Raspberry shortcakes, Maries, Chocolate Ripples, Nice biscuits, Milk coffee, Milk arrowroot, Teddy bears, Butternut snap, Variety Creams, Classic assorted biscuits, Monte Carlos, Kingstons, Scotch fingers, Delta creams, Lemon creams, Choc dipped Scotch fingers, Orange creams, Cadbury fingers, Freddo biscuits, Chocolate brownie TeeVee snacks, 4 types of Oreos, Chocolate Montes, Original TeeVee snacks, Chocolate teddy bears, Teevee malt biscuits.

If they had it, I put it in my cart. Lucifer was thoroughly overwhelmed by the amount of sugar I had put in my cart and I couldn't blame him, but he gave me free rein. We reached the frozen section and I put in some items. All of the cuts of chips, Dino nuggets, regular nuggets, frozen peas, frozen corn, Pie. Not just any pie. The Nana's brand Apricot Pie. The once in a full moon pie, my mum liked to call it.

I grabbed like 4 boxes of the apricot pies so that I had 16 pies. Now that I was done, we headed to the pay area. Lucifer didn't even flinch at the number. He helped me carry what I could and we made our way back to the Devildom. I headed straight to the kitchen. Carefully, I sectioned off my snacks from the others. I didn't want Beel getting into them. As I'm doing this and Lucifer is putting away the frozen stuff, the others come in. 

Satan squints for a moment before asking the question that was most likely on everyone's mind. "Did you get...bigger after you left?" He asks as I smack Beel's hand away from my snacks. I nodded as the other's jaws dropped at the sheer volume of snacks and sugary things I had bought. I hand Beel a pack of double stuff Oreos to let it be the end of it. After I was done, I had thoughtfully left one packet of my Arnott's Wafers. 

"So, how'd it go?" Simeon asks curiously and I shrug. "It's twins now." I tell them before thinking. "I want two girls." I decide, munching away. Lucifer says something about a gender reveal party here in the house of Lamentation. I liked that idea. Hated being around too many people. Gratefully, no one seemed oddly shocked about the twins. Over the week, I watched as the others set up for the gender reveal. I had tried to help but they didn't want me to help.

I stroked my bump softly as I think about the gender of my babies. I wanted two girls because I was constantly surrounded by men. But, if I was to have a little boy or boys, I wouldn't be completely disappointed but still a little upset. I had borrowed a pair of headphones from Lucifer and I plug them into my phone. I cover my bump with the headphones before carefully putting on Stephen Fry reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone.

I sigh as I lean back in my chair and close my eyes. I was exhausted carrying two babies. I don't lay for too long as it's bad for a baby to be exposed to noise from headphones. After the first two chapters, I removed the headphones. Tomorrow, I would find out what was happening with my children. I went to bed that night and woke up with a smaller bump. That was when I stood in front of a mirror. Like magic, the baby seemed to be flitting in and out of my baby bump. 

So, I think that one of the babies is Solomon's. A knock sounded at my door and turn. "Who is it?" I asked. That was when Solomon entered. I smile at him before turning back. "I think one of the babies is yours. One of them keeps disappearing and reappearing." I whisper. He hands me a dress and smiles. "I'd like that. Once they're born, we're gonna have a doctor-run DNA." He says. I take the dress and change quickly. 

Apparently, there were balloons that they were gonna pop over my white dress and it would get coloured with the powder from them. I change and curl my hair quickly before we headed downstairs. I smile as everyone was wearing shirts. Simeon, Luke, Beel, and Solomon were all wearing half blue, half pink shirts. Asmo, Diavolo, Levi, and Satan were all wearing pink shirts. Finally, Lucifer, Mammon, Belphie, and Barbatos.

Everyone decided that we were gonna start with the reveal. There was a tarp laid out so that none of the powder would ruin anything in the house of Lamentation. I closed my eyes as Simeon and Asmo were in charge of popping the balloons. I jump at the first pop as the fine dust settled on my nose, my cheeks, my skirts. The next pop caused me to jump again, the dust once again settling in my curls, my lashes, my lips. 

I bring my hands to my face and brush away all the dust before shaking my head. Dust falls around me as I opened my eyes. Pink... and pink. My babies were princesses. Asmo, Diavolo, Levi, and Satan were ecstatic as some of the others handed over Grimm. Apparently, the shirt you wore symbolized which side of the bet you were on. If you lost, you had to pay the winners. I laugh with the others as we eat cake and food. I was finally a part of the perfect family.