Chapter Two

(Steve's pov)

I decided that I would go and take a walk to get away from the compound one afternoon. I would have offered for Bucky to come with me but he was out god knows where. He always seems to go out at the same time every other day and he'll never tell me where.

I was walking down the path when I heard a shout come from an alley. Being who I am, I rushed to go and help whoever was being attacked. I expected to see someone getting beaten up, but what I didn't expect to see was a grown man lunging at a small boy who looked vaguely familiar. I was about to step in and help, but the boy threw the man to the floor and kicked him in the head.

He then turned round, walked straight into me and fell to the ground. He looked up and his eyes grew wide.

"Holy crap, you're Captain America!" The boy cried, standing up quickly. He looked about ten or eleven and he had curly brown hair and big brown eyes. He still seemed somewhat recognisable though but I could quite place him.

"Language, son." I said, "And are you ok?"

"What? Oh, yeah I'm fine." The boy said, glancing back at the man. His face then grew worried, as if he realised he had done something. "You know what, I've kind of gotta go. Sorry for bumping into you I've just gotta get home to my dad now, bye!"

Before I could ask his name, he ran off and I was left slightly stunned.

Who was that and why did he remind me of someone a long time ago?

(Peter's pov)

Oh my god! I can't believe I did that! Why didn't I just let dad take him away when he woke up?

I was so careful as well, I stayed away from all security cameras. Why did stupid Captain America have to show up?

No, don't call him stupid, he's my dad's best friend. I can't call him that, I just met my (kind of) uncle.

Oh my god! I just met Steve Rogers!

I mean, it didn't go exactly as I had hoped but I met him all the same!

On the other hand, dad's going to be so mad!

(Bucky's pov)

I woke up to Peter shaking my shoulders, dirt smudged over his face. I first thought he had been attacked and looked over to where the unconscious guy was. I was surprised to see he wasn't there and, after looking back at Peter and seeing the somewhat shameful look on his face, I pieced together what had happened.

"What did I tell you?" I sighed at Peter.

"I know dad but-"

"Why didn't you wait for me?" I smiled at him afterwards. "No hard feeling though. Where is he now?"

"Exactly where you wanted him to be." Peter responded, "But-"

"Well done, Peter. At least he's far enough away." I smiled again.

"But it gets worse." Peter frowned slightly and I did the same.

"What happened?"

"Someone caught me." Peter looked down.

"What?" I cried, "Oh great now I've gotta make sure-"

"It gets even worse than that." Peter said suddenly and I raised an eyebrow. "The person that caught me was Captain America."

(Steve's pov)

I took the unconscious man to the nearest hospital and then went back to the tower. I asked Tony to scan the security cameras of where the boy had been. Unfortunately, he wasn't caught on any. Tony was busy scanning every mobile device in the city (he had insisted it wouldn't take long when I told him not to bother) when it came to me who he reminded me of.

Bucky.

A moment later, Tony told me he had found some sort of facial recognition for him. A 'Peter Barnes', but that was impossible because the kid had disappeared in the late 1940s.

"Come on, Rogers," Tony said, as if he'd read my mind, "A lot of people have the surname 'Barnes'."

"But not a lot of people look almost exactly like Bucky did when he was ten." I stared at Tony's computer screen, almost refusing to believe the kid was Bucky's, what, son?

And if he was, why didn't Bucky tell me?

(Bucky's pov)

I had to talk to Steve. I needed to tell him not to worry. And I can bet he will want to know why, so that means I will have to tell him about Peter.

"Hey buddy," I said to Peter, "I've got something I want to ask you."

"What?" Peter replied, coming in from the kitchen (aka the other side of the warehouse).

"Is it ok if I tell Steve about you?" I asked, "You know, if you're not ok with it-"

"What do you mean 'not ok'? I CAN'T WAIT!" Peter cried, jumping in the air, "Oh my god, I have always wanted to meet him. I mean, I already have but, like, properly this time. Without bumping into him after having beaten up a guy..."

I left Peter to ramble to himself and walked into the kitchen to message Steve. Peter taught me how to use a phone a couple months ago after picking it up in two days.

Bucky:

Hey Steve, can you meet me at (the address of corner of the road that their hide out slash warehouse)

I need to talk to you

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

A/N

Hey, I'm sorry this isn't the best chapter. I was quite tired when I wrote it x

I hoped you enjoyed it x

Just to let you know, this book is only going to be about four of five chapters long so yh x

Words: 900