The Witch's Wish

We stormed into the castle grounds with full force and quickly knocked over all the guards. Soon, we bolted into the throne room. As soon as King Lowis saw us, he knew there was no other choice. He surrendered. The siege was finally over. 

Our new Queen Celia Moonstorm finally took her place as ruler of the Materra Kingdom. This conquest was surprisingly easy. 

Celia is the most powerful and frightening witch in all the land. She is as brilliant as she is daring. First, she started conquering smaller countries such as Phunorus and Nocturne. Eventually, she captured all the nations surrounding Materra. Also, she convinced many peasants to fight alongside her for glory, fame, and wealth. But what made the conquest so ridiculously easy was how many government officials supported us. 

Despite being popular in Materra, everyone hated King Lowis. He has so many enemies. So naturally, when they heard of our plan to conquer the continent, counts, dukes, and many other wealthy upper-class people were more than happy to help out. They provided funds and supplies for our conquest. Some even surrendered peacefully. 

By the way, I am Knight Alex. I have known Celia since we were in kindergarten. I would not call us friends, but I tagged along because I knew better than to cross her. She is sitting on the luxurious and pristine throne with the most jovial face I've ever seen. She finally is the most powerful ruler in all the land. This is what she wants most in the world.

But I know that smile is fake. I know that deep down inside, she is filled with nothingness. Because this isn't what she truly wants even though she won't admit it. She wasn't always cruel and vile. 

Once upon a time, Celia was the loveliest person in all the land. She was kind and a child prodigy in magic. This caused many of her peers to grow jealous of her. Especially the Olivedove sisters Mera and Ashton. They were considered the most talented people in magic until Celia came around. They wanted her out of the spotlight for good so they hatched a plan to imprison her in a cursed book from the Prickly Abyss. 

For three months, they pretended to be her friend to lure her into their trap. When they got there, they told her the book was an ancient magical text and wanted her to have the honor of opening it. When she did, it nearly swallowed her while the siblings laughed. She tried to break free on her own, but nothing worked. She pleaded for help, but the sisters just stood there, howling with laughter. It was only until she threatened to curse them that they helped her. 

As soon as she was free, she ran home and cried throughout the rest of the day. She began to believe that everyone else around her was a traitor and that it was only a matter of time before they abandoned her. She decided that it was better to be feared than loved so she stopped trying to make friends and drifted from everyone she cared about. 

I wish I could tell her that she is wrong. I wish I could tell her that it was a horrible experience, but it is bad to shut off everyone else from her life. I wish I could tell her that fearing love and vulnerability is a mistake. But she will never listen to me. 

So when she says she wants power more than anything else in the world, she is lying. A true friend is what she wants most in the world. Now, I am afraid it is too late for her to change. Oh well. My job does not pay well enough to care.