𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟖

Start from the beginning

"SHUT UP, YOU NERD! GET BACK HERE!"

(Y/N) felt triumphant that she was getting farther from her friend. She was actually proud of herself since she wasn't an athlete. She was looking back at Kageyama from time to time, so she didn't notice the pole blocking her way. Kageyama gawked in alarm, along with some volleyball players who happened to be passing by.

"Look out!"

"Eh?" (Y/N) let out, before successfully bumping her head on the pole. "—Ack!" She was sent hurling on the ground, earning concerned gasps from her friend and some onlookers. She heard the sound of footsteps and yelled obnoxiously while rolling on the ground repeatedly, "That hurt! That absolutely hURT! CURSE YOU, TOBIO! I HOPE YOU GET KARMA FOR THIS!"

"SHUT YOUR TRAP! THE TOBIO YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT IS RIGHT HERE!"

"I DON'T CARE! YOU'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS!"

"I'M NOT! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO WASN'T LOOKING PROPERLY WHILE RUNNING!"

"THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOU DIDN'T CHASE ME!"

"IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR RUNNING AWAY WHEN I WASN'T EVEN DOING ANYTHING!"

(Y/N) stopped her every actions. "Oh, you're right."

The highly concerned players from other teams sweatdropped. Wow, she admitted it.

Her vision was quite blurry, so she didn't recognize anyone, but she knew that there were a lot of people watching her. Three of them perhaps? She guessed. "I can't see properly, but thank you for showing your concern. I apologize for the embarrassment my friend and I caused." She bowed at the direction where she sensed the volleyball players. She was so dizzy that she didn't even notice the exchange of surprised look the three players shared.

"Excuse me, but you're the only one who embarrassed us here," Kageyama retorted, making Kuroo and the Fukurodani ace, Bokuto Koutarou, gape. The setter who looked like Ashi, Akaashi, could only send the girl a worried look. Was she alright handling all these critical crows? Though, he can't deny that she kind of deserved it for insane and enigmatic actions.

Kuroo only gave Kageyama an expression of shock from the side. That intense and frank setter who was practically unapproachable to everyone was actually being casual and mocking with someone. He thought this guy wouldn't have friends except for his teammates in the volleyball team.

Kageyama blinked and bowed apologetically at the Fukurodani and Nekoma players. "I'm sorry for the trouble she caused."

"Thank you for being so frank, but please admit that you caused this, too." (Y/N) shakily stood and got up thanks to the hand gripping her arm, and also Kageyama's hand assisting her back. "Thank you, Tobio, and also, uh... Sorry, I can't really see and I don't know who you are."

"Akaashi Keiji," The ravenette greeted stoically.

Ah. He's kinda like Sakussan but more relaxed and anxious at the same time. He even has a nice voice, I saw this guy earlier from afar. Didn't really get a close up, but I one hundred percent bet that this guy is pretty looking, thought (Y/N), but decided to say, "You're the one that looks like my friend owl."

Akaashi simply nodded. "I was shocked to see the owl, too. It has the color of my eyes as well."

"You don't look shocked, Akaashi! And, yeah! Where did you pick that up, forest lady?" An energetic and boisterous voice remarked.

(Y/N) didn't recognize this voice. "Thanks for calling me forest lady instead of strange, but may I ask who you are?"

"I'm Bokuto Koutarou! An ace!" He proudly replied.