Chapter 11 ~ You Hurt

Luca's POV

"You're awake?"  he cried.

"Alberto?"

He came closer and his face suddenly became clearer. I could see his emerald green eyes and beautiful curly brown hair. Noises still sounded muffled though.

"Luca" he said, sounding unsure.

"Beto?" slipped my mouth.

"I'm here. Are you ok?" he frantically asked pulling a chair next to me and sitting down.

I stayed quiet for a moment so I could wake up and focus. I zoned out on whatever comforted me the most. His face. I stared for an embarrassingly long time. I noticed his eyes looked swollen. His cheeks were rosier than mine- which was very unusual. There were faded marks of black running down his face. 

He just smiled at me and wiped his nose.

"Is there something on my face or do you just like looking at it?" he chuckled.

 I giggled.

"Sorry" I muttered.

"Don't apologize" he commented.

"What am I doing here?" I asked.

"You were sort of passed out at the party-event-celebration thing. I wasn't gonna just leave you there" he answered.

"Oh. Thank you" I responded, shocked.

"You are very welcome" he said.

-----------------

Alberto's POV

"Oh and congratulations" Luca said.

"What did I do?" I asked, confused.

"Your girlfriend?" he stated.

"Oh"

"OH"

"I can explain"

"No need" he mumbled.

"We're not serious you know" I added.

"So you don't take relationships seriously?" he asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"No that's not what I meant. Just that I'm not sure if were gonna last" I mentioned.

"So you're pessimistic when it comes to commitment"  he remarked.

"You're annoying" I scoffed.

"Yet you carried me all the way to your house with your strong arms" he jeered, sarcastically.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Nothing. I didn't say anything" he giggled while sitting up.

"Right" I said, helping him prop himself comfortably on my bed.

"So why were you at the thing? I didn't see your mom there" I questioned.

"I was..I was running away" he answered hesitantly.

"What? From what? Do you need somewhere to stay? Are you in trouble" I asked, frantically.

There was a long pause.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I'll help you either way." I said.

"My mom tried sending me to the deep again" he mumbled.

I simply looked at him in shock. My hands flew to my mouth.

"This morning" Luca reassured.

"She doesn't deserve to be your mother" I yelled.