Chapter 4 ~ Stood Up

⚠TW⚠ mentions of violence

Luca POV 

I waited for about an hour with a flower in my hand. He didn't show up. He probably got weirded out by me. He was messing with me when he said he'd come.  I thought he'd be different.

Tears fell down my face as I started walking back home. I threw the flower to the ground and stepped on it. I felt like throwing up. I suddenly bumped into something.

It happened to be 2 tall people in all black outfits. Their faces were covered. One of them had a bat in their hand.

"Sorry", I said wiping away tears and trying to get away. 

They proceeded to punch me in the stomach.  Then on my face. Then they kicked me to the floor until I was bleeding and in a great deal of pain.

"Stop" I tried to say, but I didn't succeed. As if that was gonna stop them anyways.

I went limp. They just left me there. On the floor. 

"Help" I struggled to yell.

Who were they? And why did they do this to me.

I managed to get up and limped my way home.

---------------------

I snuck back into my house as quiet as possible. No one noticed. I looked in the mirror and my eye was bruised. My nose was bleeding. I had several cuts along my face and legs. The feeling in my stomach was horrible. 

I washed off trying not to scream from the pain both in my heart and on my body. I then changed and lied on my bed but I couldn't sleep.

What if the reason Alberto didn't show up was because something happened to him? Could it be something went wrong and I'm just thinking he's a horrible person. On the other hand, he could be an absolute horrible person and have been the one who sent those people in black to hurt me instead of just rejecting me. Or maybe he found someone else. But also, I could've done something wrong.

None of these are good options but hey, they're options. 

"Should I ask Giulia or not?" I thought to myslef.

R u awake? -Luca

...

Kind of- why? -Giulia

Well Alberto didn't show up and I was wondering if you knew why.. -Luca

HE DIDN'T SHOW UP??? -Giulia

That's what I just said -Luca 

Well he told us he was going to spent the night at his tower- I thought he meant with you -Giulia

Oh -Luca

I'm going to go get you and we're showing up at his tower ok? Be ready in 15 -Giulia

Um -Luca

...

About 15 minues later I heard a knock on my window.

"Woah! What happened to you?" Giulia asked loudly.

"Shhhh" I said while Giulia helped me ou the window.

"I forgot to tell you I got beat up on my way home." I answered, clenching my stomach.

"Who did it?" Giulia asked in an angrier tone.

"I don't know ok. Can we just go to see if he's ok?" I said, limping ahead of her.

"Geez. Well, excuse me for caring about you" She said sarcastically.

"I'm ok. C'mon it's this way" I said walking towards the tower.

We get to the tower.

"Alberto?" We both yelled, hoping for a response.

Nothing.

We climbed inside, not without struggle, and still didn't see him.

"He's not here" Giulia said, puzzled.

"Alberto" I yelled once more.

---------------------

Alberto's POV

I opened my eyes and I was no where near the restaurant.

I was in a room. A dark room. It wasn't my room though. I tried to get up but my feet were tied to the legs of a chair, my hands as well. And I had a huge headache.

"Who's there?" I said, trying to get out of this damn chair.

"Well do I count?" Said a blond girl emerging from the darkness with a creepy smile.

"Get me out of here" I demanded.

"Why should I" the pale girl questioned, still smiling.

"Because" I answered, quietly.

"Now, I know you dont know who I am but I know you. Very well. And it's come to my attention that you could be a huge benefit to me. As long as you do exacly as I say." She said,  leaning on the wall. 

"And why the fuck would I do that?" I asked her, obviously dismissing my disadvantage at the moment.

She chuckled.

"Hm. I heard that you're great friends with this boy named Luca. Amazing friends. Maybe even more. It'd be a shame if some-"

"No, please" I said shakily. 

"What do you want anyway" I asked, angrily.

"I want for you to do exactly what I say. Did you not hear me?" She responed.

"What are you getting from this? Why me?" I kept asking.

"Listen here, you dipshit" she said, putting her face close to mine.

"You will do exactly as I say because If you do not there will be consequences. You will show up at this exact place twice a week at exactly 9 o'clock where I will give you instructions. Capiche?"

"What if I forget one day?" I asked.

She laughed.

"Forget? Well theres many things that can happen," She said leaning closer to my ear "I can out you to the entire town, I can hurt Luca and make it look like you did it, I can torture any of your loved ones, or I can simply kill you" She whisered into my ears, sending chills throughout my body.

"Theres many more but those are just the basics" She continued.

"O-ok so what do I have to do for you" I asked, terrified of what the answer was gonna be.

"Well you, pretty boy," she grabbed my face "must avoid Luca"

---------------------

A/N

Helloooo besties. What's up ✌. I hop eyou enjoyed Chapter 4. Sorry it took so long, I just spent a lot of time deciding how I wanted the story to go. Thank you so so so so so much for 1.5k reads. It really does mean a lot o me and I'm so thakful to have so much support writing this story. It's kinda surreal. In other news: WERE GETTING A SHORT SEQUEL!!! Ack you guys cannot undertsnad how excited I am for Ciao Alberto. 50 more days to go 😣 Hope you shes, hes, and everything out and inbetweens have a great day! <3