𝟬𝟮𝟭 hades and persephone

Start from the beginning

Druig was Hades because he was the one who departed from the family first. The pain he felt for the deaths of human kind perhaps helped Sprite come up with Hades. He didn't really worry about the world outside of the village he lived in for 20 generations, he was focused on keeping them safe.

She didn't know why Sprite added Hades stealing Persephone. Or why they ended up married, maybe she needed to add some sort of thrill.

But she loved the fact they had a three headed dog.

Yet something about the stealing had caught her interest a little too much perhaps. She wished she could read other peoples minds, she wouldn't have to come up with 'maybes' and 'perhaps' all the time. Yet she like to believe that perhaps Sprite added that fact because he missed her so dearly and all he wanted to see was her.

Now she might be reaching a little too far, but it was nice to imagine. And it was nice too remember how things used to be because she knew that the Druig she fell for would do that.

But he's changed and she changed and maybe her feelings for him changed too. Shoot, how are we to know that she even had feelings for him in the first place? What if he had mind controlled her to make her like him?

He wouldn't do that. . .would he?

Fuck.

She couldn't help her racing thoughts that made her heart in her chest pound and her thinking so much of him made her stomach erupt with butterflies. Except they didnt really feel like butterflies. . .more like bees stinging her all around. It made her feel sick.

She removed her hand from his hair and grabbed her jacket. The boy awoke at once and sat up from her lap and wiped the drool off his cheek. As he sat up from his laying position he had pulled out the other side of the headphones from Ardens ear. She frowned at it before Druig rubbed his neck awkwardly.

"I fell asleep didnt I?" he asked sheepishly.

"Unless you have a drooling problem," she replied, motioning to the wet spot on her thigh. "I'd say you did."

"Shoot im so sorry," he quickly apologized, standing up.

"Its fine, its not like you havent fell asleep on my legs before," she shrugged, taking his outstretched hand and allowing him to pull her up.

She folded her arms and leaned against the wall, staring at Druigs messed up hair. It was sticking up every which way and she thought it was the cutest thing she had ever seen. For a human (or robot?) at least.

"What?" he asked, reaching up to touch his hair but she just smacked his hand.

"Don't touch!" she scolded. "Its cute."

His cheeks flushed slightly as he stared down at her. She bit her lip as if she was in deep thought before letting out a sigh.

"Penny for your thoughts?" he offered yet he frowned when she held out her hand. "What are you doing?"

"I thought you said penny for your thoughts doesn't that mean I get a penny?" she asked confused. "I think I deserve a penny."

"Well I dont actually have a penny it's just a-"

"Well then why would you say that if you don't have a penny? What if I needed a penny?"

"Arden it's just a saying," Druig laughed, making her more confused.

"Well then its a dumb one."

She felt an itch on her nose so she rubbed it before continuing.

"Why don't they just ask 'what's on your mind?' because then I just got my hopes up for a penny that doesn't exist."