A Surprise Birthday Party

Serena had bolted her door shut as she feared the driver yanking their car door open, but to her astonishment, no one came out of the Lamborghini. Not a single window was rolled down to curse them. Ella's face cramped with fear changed and a faint smile appeared on her lips as she spotted the girl in the front passenger seat planting kisses on the guy's neck. Serena was confused to witness savour in such a serious situation. She was noting down every detail in her mind and was thinking of ways to resolve that messy situation.

After almost a whole minute of silence, she felt there was no harm in stepping outside the car and apologizing to the Lamborghini guy. She took a few seconds to click the door open as she was mustering the courage. It didn't take even a second to shut her door as the headlights of the car went off. Ella quickly clicked the light attached inside the car off to prevent the Lamborghini guy from seeing them. The guy sitting on the driver seat rolled down the window and thrust his arm outside.

The sleeves of his shirt were rolled up giving a better view of his sturdy arm. He had a lit cigarette entangled in his fingers. Serena nudged Ella as he waved his hand high, "Quickly move left, he wants to leave!" Ella took a quick left turn and the Lamborghini drove off at a sweeping speed. Serena sighed, "Thank God! He didn't shower meteors of rage! It would take years for me to repay that scratch on his Lamborghini!" Serena nudged Ella hard as she seemed to be drowned in her mind. Ella got back to her senses. Seeing the glared Serena, she blurted out, "Yeah I know right, it's weird to see that girl kissing that guy passionately!" Ella said as she tried to suppress her smile. Serena slapped her forehead as she gnawed, "You have got a dirty mind!" Ella snapped in, "Kissing is not dirty! In fact, whatever gives us pleasure is not at all dirty!"

Before Ella could dive into her imagination pool, Serena pulled her out by clicking the door open. Ella grabbed her arm, "What the hell! Where are you going?" Serena said angrily, "I don't want my photo to appear on that death column of tomorrow's newspaper!" Ella chuckled as she pulled Serena inside, "Don't worry! Agreed I was at a high a few minutes ago, but that crash has crushed my hangover!" She glanced at her watch, "It's 11:45 a.m. already!" Serena banged the door shut and they drove down the road.

Serena stroked her dark brown curly hair gently. She started doing touch-ups as their destination was growing nearer. She took out a mirror-backed comb and red lipstick. She dabbed some red lipstick and pressed her lips shut to bring out the glow of the lipstick. She shoved the comb inside the pouch as Ella stopped the car. "Tada.." Ella said dramatically with her hands signaling towards a garden that stretched in front of them. A bright smile flashed on Serena's face on seeing the garden adorned with yellow lights. She put the makeup pouch aside and opened the door.

Putting her white shoe down, she rose from the car. She could hear the crackling of the fire and she jumped boisterously, "Bonfire!" Ella unbuckled her seat belt and got out of the car as she said, "Yess, there's a bonfire right there!" Serena followed Ella's index finger that pointed at some distance. She could see a romantic white tent in front of the bonfire. Ella grabbed the cake box from the backseat, locked her car and pressed Serena's shoulder, "Let's go in!"

Serena's ears were pleased with the sound of a crackling fire that got magnified as they got closer. Once they reached the location Serena jumped and clapped in joy while Ella pulled a small wooden table beside the tent and kept the cake box. Serena hugged Ella tightly and became wax lyrical, "Thank you so much for this wonderful decoration! Thanks a lot!" Ella loosened the hug as she said, "Anything for you Serene Serena! Also, don't hug me that tight your makeup will smudge!" Serena squeezed Ella's hand as she glanced at her watch, "Just 10 minutes to go. He will be coming at any moment!" Ella held their interlocked hands high as she said, "Though you are excited, I know a part of you is nervous that's why your hand is cold!" Serena nodded like a baby. Ella said fuzzily, "Serena, you are not meeting him for the very first time. You are going to celebrate this day for the fifth time in five years. Why do you still feel nervous?"