Babysitting Gone Bizarre

Start from the beginning

You ignored the coachman, climbed inside, and patiently waited while looking out the window.

Now, as you were finishing up your thoughts on the events that had just occurred, you could see that at last the bastard Dio was approaching the carriage along with a crowd of girls. The scene looked no different than a mother duck and her little ducklings trailing behind.

Your brows furrowed at the sight, and as he closed the carriage door behind him, you didn't give him a moment to settle in before speaking up.

"I won't let you mess this up for me Dio," the words tumbled from your lips. The courage it took to say those words didn't seem to matter to him, as he paid no mind to them while sliding into the carriage.

"Hah! What in the world was served at that tea party? They're all acting as if they've never seen a boy before!" He attempted to joke while glossing over your words.

You stayed tight-lipped and observed his movements.

He took the seat opposite of yours, and as per usual, maintained his strict posture. However, this time you noticed him slightly slacking while putting his full weight against the seat. It was the only sign he'd ever show of being worn out by the girls' bombardment.

But then again, you really couldn't care less if he felt tired.

To get a proper response you spoke again, "I know you heard me, Dio. Don't pretend that my words were spoken too softly for you to hear."

He only sighed at first, as if annoyed by the fact that you weren't joining in his sham idle chatter. Though, as his body began to shift, it became obvious that your words had carried over the desired effect. He finally gave up his friendly little act, crossed one leg over the other, and leaned forward to try and appear more intimidating.

"Of course I heard you, but I ignored it. How could I not with your utter rudeness? Not even a proper 'hello', though I kindly come all this way to Elizabeth's manor just to pick you up-"

"-likely bribing my carriage driver to send him on his way home, right? Just in time for you to generously offer your carriage, forcing me to ride with you-!"

"-only so that we could talk. We need to speak of our plans. After all, it's been a while hasn't it?"

He wasn't even trying to hide it... 'been a while?' Two weeks ago when you two met alone, he tried to threaten you into obedience- as if you weren't loyally obeying his every command already! Furthermore, Jonathan got thrown in the middle of the situation last time, and that's something that you didn't want to happen again. This was between you and Dio. No one else needed to get caught in-between.

"Say what you have to, then," you mumbled bitterly. "When you're done, there are things I have to discuss with you."

"If you must. Though really, I only have one question to ask you. It's my sole reason for coming here today," he lied. "Have you been doing what I asked you to do for our plan?"

While he said the words aloud, he couldn't help but think about his actual reason for coming to pick up (Y/n). He needed to see for himself if she was still squished under his thumb. As of late the girl's been struggling too much, and it's been happening ever since he tried to scare her into subordination. Normally he couldn't care less about how far he pushed someone, but from what Jonathan had taught him recently, if he pushed the wrong person too far they could end up 'exploding' with rage and completely ruin the plan. Though unlikely, it was still nevertheless crucial that he checked up on Y/n and made sure that she wasn't trying to ruin the 'good-student' reputation that he built for himself here. His presence should be threatening enough to put her back in her place. That was all.