How everything started

Hii beautiful!! I just wanna say thank you so much for reading this<33 also sorry because I know that you are here for Carl, but it's going to take a few more chapters for them to actually meet. I just want to make her story the most detailed I can, so you can understand her and all of that.
Also, I know the chapters are really short, but they will get longer, I promise. Now you can keep reading. You are loved and I appreciate you so much! <3

*flashback*
I was almost done with my US history test when the sound of a really loud alarm started. It was not the alarm we were used to listen every month for the fire drill. It was completely different. Louder.

I looked at Jack (my best friend since we were 8) worried. He gave me the same kind of look back. We were waiting for Ms Black, our history teacher, to tell us something about what was happening.
I think he was as confused as we were, because he simply went out to the hallway and didn't come back in 10 minutes or so.

"Guys, this is getting bad. Go home. Now" was the only thing he said. I got up fast, and went by jack. We started running downstairs, but the stairs were completely full by other kids trying to get out of there too.

It took us a while, but once we were outside, I saw a lot of parents with their cars, waiting and trying to find their kids. I tried to find my parents, but with all the people running it was extremely hard.

"Jack, I'm really scared" I cried while he took my hand and squeezed it really strong.
"It's okay, y/n, it's going to be fine" he said smiling at me, trying to make me feel better.

I kept looking for my parents until I saw my mom at the end of the street waving her hand so I could see her. I ran with Jack to where she was. I knew how things were in his house, and I knew that nobody was waiting for him, so he was coming with me, no matter what.

"Get in car right now. I'll go find your sister"
"But mom, wha-"

She run inside the school before I could say a thing and I got in the car just as she told me. I waited with my dad and Jack inside until we saw my mom running with my little sister. They got in the car, and mi dad started driving right away.

Nobody said anything for at least an hour. Once we were all calm, and we were far from the city, my mom explained us everything. How the first zombies started to be seen on the streets, and how the chaos started.

I don't think I have ever been so confused and scared at the same time.

My parents decided that we were going to our house in the mountains. It was two hours outside from the big city, so the zombies probably weren't gonna get there in a while and we will be safe.

Or that's what we thought