Part 12 - Opposites Attract!

"Sana, let's go home", said Sidharth with a smile which didn't cease to fade.

She fastened her seat belt and nodded yes. He starts driving.

"By the way, what gave you so much energy that a person who never raised his voice a little over the scolding decibel, kicked someone so hard?", She asked.

"You! My knees felt weaker while you were away but the moment I saw a glimpse of you, I found my strength returning. For the way he abused you, I wanted to strangulate him to death but then I wanted him to feel the pain you felt, so I kicked him instead.", Sidharth said gritting his jaws remembering Mr. Ex's abusive words.

"The transformation of boring Bharadwaj to daring Bharadwaj is just awesome. I am loving it. Why don't you show such trailer to your nosey neighbour, Shurpanaka?", She asked.

"May be because she doesn't have that thing to be kicked which Mr. Ex had.", Sidharth says.

"What thing?", Sana asked.

"The same thing which I kicked just few minutes back.", He fumbles

"I know you kicked something, but exactly what thing?", Sana asked again.

"Aa... Aaa... I don't know", he said nervously.

Sana laughed loudly, making him feel shy.

"Why are you so cute? You are so shy with your own girlfriend", She asked.

"Girlfriend?", He chuckled.

"Hmmm.. I didn't know what else to call our bond. So girlfriend & boyfriend.", She said

"Do you know the meaning of that word?", He asked.

"Aaa.. May be love interest", she says.

"Hmmm.. Girlfriend is still fine but calling me a boyfriend looks so weird. I am a man not a college boy. But in any case, that relationship feels temporary. I want our bond to last longer. Let's say that we are partners.", He says.

She nodded gazing at him. His phone starts ringing.

"Your phone.", Sana said.

"I am driving. I'll check later.", He said.

"What if it's important?", She asks.

"I never get any important calls and if by chance it is then they won't mind calling again. Besides it's in my pant pocket, so leave it.", He says.

The phone stops ringing but after sometime it starts ringing again. She looks at him again.

"It is definitely important now. I'll help with the phone.", She says.

She moves closer to him and pushes her hand in his pant pocket. He feels a slight current pass through as her hand brushes his thighs. She pulls out the phone and her face falls looking at the screen.

"It's Shreyas", she says.

"Leave it.", He speaks with an unamused facial expressions.

The phone stops ringing. She observes his face, the shine and smile on his face was taken over by apprehension. It starts ringing again.

"I think you should take this Sidharth else your discomfort on your face won't go.", She insists.

"I can't, I am driving.", He says to avoid.

"I am turning on the speaker.", She said by pressing the speaker button.

"No no.. please don't!", He says but by then she had already pressed a receive option.

"Hello Baba, Baba I am so proud of you..", Shreyas says excitedly.

Sidharth narrows his eyebrows in confusion and glances at Sana who held the phone near his mouth.