Part 11 - Dealing With Insecurities!

Check if you've read the previous update.

Do listen to the song in the header to feel their emotions. (I missed to include this in last chapter actually)
_________________________________

Flashback:

Sana couldn't sleep the whole night. Suddenly her phone screen light flashed. It was a facebook notification. The pain she experienced became more excruciating after looking at the notification. Her elder brother had updated his relationship status as married in Facebook. She realised how lonely she was and had no one.

It had been almost a year that she had eloped from her parent's house with a person who actively followed her and persuaded her to believe that he loved her.

While most of her counterpart wanted to settle in a government job after their post graduation, she wanted to set up her own business and create job opportunities for others. Her family belonged to a middle class income group who didn't dream big than what they could afford.

She went to attend a seminar for new and budding entrepreneurs, where she met Mr. Ex. She didn't show any interest in him however he was smitten by her beauty and didn't cease to stop trying to impress her.

In the name of helping her in designing a project, he got closer to her. She got lured by his undivided attention and extra sweet talks. He showed how supportive he was towards her ambition and she started believing him.

After 3 months, he told her that he had to go back to his hometown as his job was over here. He asked her to flee with him since her parent won't allow her to marry a person who is from a different religion. She agreed and fled with him to the unknown city with no money.

He didn't have any family of his own so they married in a small ceremony as per his culture. He used to be away from home for days in the name of work trips. Whenever she seeked his support to setup her own business, he procrastinated it giving reasons of him being busy or having financial problems. She was dependent on him for everything as she couldn't even work outside as she didn't carry her educational qualification certificates.

Amidst all this she became pregnant as well but due to his irresponsible behaviour she slipped down the stairs and miscarried the baby and lost the power of bearing a child in future.

His work trips and absence from home became longer and soon one day he walked in with another lady and showed her the divorce document.

She was broken but Sidharth's care had healed her and she developed feeling for him however his denial followed by silence made her feel like a stranger.

'Today, I successfully completed the task I had taken in hand of renovating the old bookstore into book cafe. I don't find any reason to stay here now. When I came here, I only wanted a shelter to protect myself. However, soon I realized that more than shelter, I longed for love which I felt I found in Sidharth.

His caring nature, his trust on me and those subtle blushes which I observed when I complimented or hugged me made me feel special and loved. However, I was wrong. In hurry to find a new start to our relationship, I ended up pushing it back to being strangers.

He avoids having eye contacts with me and he doesn't talk to me. I tried a lot to pretend that it didn't affect me but no more. I can't take this cold behaviour of his any more. How long can I stay here as a stranger when I know I am in love with him. I have started to feel like a burden on him now enjoying free meals.'

She packed her bag and left home immediately after he left to his radio station.

Flashback ends.