chapter 10 !

.。.:*☆ HIDE AND SEEK !

:*☆ HIDE AND SEEK !

.。.:*☆ CHAPTER TEN !
❝ TALKING TO YOU ❞

"WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENS WHEN YOU DIE?" Forrest found herself asking with some type of morbid curiosity. The two had been on the call for an hour or so, talking idly as they did their daily tasks respectively.

When Forrest first sent her number in her dazed sleep deprivation it seemed to jolt her body awake, and nearly took her request back before Karl agreed to the call.

Forrests train of thought was interrupted by a shocked laugh coming through the phone, "That's a bit morbid Forr."

She shrugged as a reply— her realizing he couldn't see her she choked out a quick reply. "Just answer the question.

"Is there a right answer?" he asked, a slight nervous quiver to his voice, "You're not secretly a devout Christian who's gonna go on about how God will smite me if I don't ramble about Heaven?" He attempted to cover up his previous quiver to his voice with a joke.

Forrest bit back a smile as she continued to spread peanut butter on a piece of toast she'd been idly making while they talked. "No Karl, this isnt a loaded question. I'm not a very religious person," she said, trying to sooth his worries a bit.

She could here a small sigh of relief come from her phone, "Neither am I," he paused thinking for a moment, "I think I most like the idea of reincarnation." He spoke nervously, as if he was admitting it to himself and not her.

Her brows quirked, a small smile on her face. "Like Buddhism? What would you be reincarnated as?" She asked with genuine curiosity .

She took a bite of her peanut butter toast as she waited on his response, she could almost hear the gears turning in his head as Karl thought hard about the question.

It must've been nearly three minutes before he replied, "Owl," he spoke quietly, testing the waters.

"Owl?"

"They're watchers," he explained, "Soaring above it all, never offering more than a hoot." He spoke, his voice sounding a bit more confident due to the genuine interest he heard in her voice.

When she didn't reply, he kept talking, "Plus owls are basically the spokespeople of new beginnings, no ties to my previous life. Just the wisdom of being an intuitive owl."

She let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding, "Wow."

"Was that too much?" He asked his stomach churning, as he physically cringed.