Uh Oh, Spaghetti Ohs!

(Note: The little "."represents time skips in the story)

My eyes scanned the ground.

Nothing.

I looked inside the empty flower pot.

Nothing.

I crawled on all fours, peeking under the staircase. Too many spiderwebs. But no Arana on the porch.

"No spider here!" I yelled to the others inside.

A loud thunk was heard.

Camilo stumbled aimlessly to the porch, rubbing a red bruise on his forehead.

"No spider under the table," he mumbled.

With an amused chuckle, I stood up and treated his sore head.

Here's what happened after the announcement of the breakout:

I ditched the duty of cleaning up the bakery and went to find that horrendous monster.

I know, it was irresponsible of me. But I knew, after a long day of work, I didn't want to deal with finding a surprise visitor on my arm while I was sleeping. Besides, my mama and papa were at the Casita until nightfall. 

We had plenty of time.

"You let that thing loose inside the house?" I yelled over the sound of Adriana's woeful sobbing filling the bakery.

"Yes, and no!" she hollered back. "She escaped while I was cleaning her tank! I guess spiders like going on walks!"

Adriana wailed louder.

Now, there are three facts about Arana:

She's big.

She's hairy.

And she's terrifying.

Just looking at her big black eight beady eyes can easily intimidate you.

She's Adriana's best friend, which explains why she's crying buckets of tears.

"Hey, don't cry, niña," Camilo used a tissue to wipe her face, but she resumed sobbing (soft Camilo is best Camilo).

"We have to find her!" she blurted out, sniffling.

Seems normal, right? A little girl wants to find her dear spider lost somewhere. But Arana isn't a normal spider. She's not even supposed to be tamed.

My papa came out of the bathroom a few months ago, screaming like a little girl because of an 'uninvited guest' on the toilet seat. For a while, she was called the 'bathroom ghost spider', because Arana was partially white and brown on her legs and body.

(Ha, get it? Bathroom ghost? Like Hanako-)

No one was brave enough to take the spider out. I mean, Arana's is too BIG to be squashed.

I'm talking 11 inches kind of big.

Adriana's kindness to the living nightmare turned into an unusual friendship. Arana was given her name and placed in a clear box, just the right size.

And now she's gone. Whoop-dee-doo.

The Madrigal cousins got the gist. "If it's a big deal, then I'll help," Camilo shape-shifted to my little sister. "If she sees two of her, she'll come crawling back. Besides, someone needs to cool off." He glared in my direction.

What's his problem?

Mirabel hesitated but gave her an answer. "I'll look too. Only if it's not going to jump or anything." She rubbed a comforting hand on Adriana's back.