Chapter 3

𝐿𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑧𝑜'𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉

Fucking hell. Why do I feel like this? I don't care for anyone apart from my family. What is happening?

I have been sitting here, in this diner, with this stupid question running through my mind.

Originally, I had only intended on grabbing lunch, as my assistant (who usually runs out and buys lunch for me) is doing another job.

Never did I imagine that my eyes would be glued to a brunette haired girl.

I walked into the closest diner I could find. The place looked a little old, but it'll do.

DING-DING!

What the actual fuck. All I did was walk through the door. Who even has bells attached to the doors these days? What year do they think we're in? Fucking 1978?

I make my way over into an empty booth. These people better hurry up, I don't have all day, I have a business to run.

As I start to get impatient, I'm interrupted by a voice, "Hello! Welcome to Susan's Fine Diner! My name is Avery and I'll be your waitress today! What can I get started for you!" she said with excitement in her voice.

I can't help but examine her head to toe. Her wavey, chocolate, brown hair is pulled back into a high ponytail, small freckles, individually but perfectly placed on her face, she has plump lips. Fuck. I'm caught off guard when she suddenly lifts her head and makes eye contact with me. She has these gorgeous light brown eyes, her skin glows in the sun.

Fuck, what is happening to me, I never think like this.

"Are you done staring?" I blurt out.

Shit. Now she's going to think I'm an asshole. Oh, wait. I am one.

She was quick to apologise, I could see something in her smile but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I watch her hand my order over to some lady; I assume she is the owner of this diner?

She then sits down and grabs a book. She would love it at my place, I have a whole library that I could gift her.

I hadn't realized, but it turns out I was staring at her the whole time I was waiting for my food. I only looked away when she started to walk up to me holding out my food and my coffee.

Something about her was different and I wanted to know her. As she started to walk away, I did the first thing that came to mind. I took a hold of her slim wrist with my hand. She turns around and stares at me but before she could say anything, I tell her to sit.

She was nervous, scared, or both, I couldn't tell but all I saw was her gulp. She sits in the seat across from me and as time passes, neither of us have spoken a word. Well except when she ordered a Red Velvet cupcake. Red Velvet was my favourite as well, we had something in common and she didn't even know it.

"So, what's your name?" I hear her ask.

"Lorenzo," I reply, I wasn't meant to say anything else right? I mean, she did just ask for my name, so I assume that's all I had to tell her.

"Avery, nice to meet you!", she puts her hand out in front of me.

I stare blankly at her hand. I don't shake hands unless I'm making a business deal. I immediately regret my decision when I see that she is playing with her fingers.

She looks like she's ready to leave but hesitantly, to stop her, I speak the unbelievable.

"Look, I'm sorry for being rude, I guess, I'm not used to talking to people," I make sure to mutter the last bit so she doesn't hear me.

Holy fuck. I just apologised. What the fuck is happening right now, I never apologise to anyone apart from my family. I just apologised to a stranger.

"It's ok, people can be shy, I understand," she says with a smile. Fuck. She heard the last part of my apology.

Not wanting to say something and fuck things up again, I begin to drink my ice coffee again.

As I'm drinking my ice coffee, I see her breathing faster than before.

Is she ok? Did I say something wrong again?

That's something I should've said to her but instead, being the asshole that I am, I just watched her.

She stood up and that's when I knew this was probably the last time I would see her. I'm a busy man, I don't have time to always run out and grab lunch at a diner.

Just as I was about to say goodbye to her, I hear that stupid bell from the door. I watched as Avery turned her head around and from what I could see, I knew her jaw dropped.

~ 07/02/2022

Chapter 3 is completed :)

I'm currently in the process of writing a new chapter so please bare with me.

I randomly got logged out of my tik tok and I have forgotten the password so I had to make a new one, if you could please follow it and show it support, I would appreciate it sm <3

Please vote and comment, this helps a lot <3

Much love, Em xx