"Ow ow, you're hurting me-"

"Shut the fuck up," Akaza harshly whispered as he slapped his hand over the mouth of the demon, "She fucking saw us."

ਏਓ 。 ゚

"What are you looking at Y/n?"

"Mm, I thought I saw a Shima Enaga, it seemed like it was just a glare of the sun," I lied as my mind raced with questions I wanted to ask the two.

Upper Moon 2, Upper Moon 3.

"Aw, man! Those little puffballs are so cute, I just wanna squeeze them-"

"We get it Mitsuri," Shinobu interrupted with a light slap to the ecstatic female's shoulder, "Will you please get in already Y/n?"

"Yeah..."

Should I run instead? I know the three of us can't handle the two of them unarmed...

Sinking into the water, my body began to slowly adjust to the immense heat.

I didn't sense murderous intent...but there was something I can't identify, I wonder if they'll stay around.

A little upset by the peeping demons, I sank my mouth into the water, blowing out air to create bubbles. Shinobu and Mitsuri watched in interest at my antics. Slightly making me nervous with their intense stares, I stopped.

"Hey...Did Tengen stop by?"

"Tengen?" Mitsuri questioned as she was reminded of the chaotic hashira meeting, "Hmm, not while I was there, Shinobu?"

"No."

Maybe they have issues?

"Oh okay, thanks," I nodded my head as I avoided eye contact with the smaller pillar, worried I upset her as I felt her anger start to rise. Trying to counter the emotion, I quickly thought of changing the topic, "Well, thank you for taking me in, Shinobu."

"Of course," she beamed, my mental mission succeeding as her aura did a whole 180°, "Come to me any time you feel uneasy, sick, have a cut, when your head hurts, or even when you get lonely..."

"Lonely?"

"O-Oh you know, just if you don't have anyone to talk to or something," Shinobu laughed, rubbing the nape of her neck, Mitsuri sent her a skeptical glance.

"Thanks, Shinobu," I gave her a small smile as her face turned red extremely fast, "Shinobu you might be overheating—maybe we should get out."

"I'm fine!" she squeaked, causing Mitsuri and me to jump slightly at her outburst, "I'm fine...really."

"I don't know Shinobu...we should get going, Ubuyashiki wants to talk about, well, you know," Mitsuri sent her a worried glance as she looked at me for a split second.

"Right, we should be going, Mitsuri."

"We?"

"We should leave Y/n in peace, I'm sure she's been very stressed with all these new people and such."

"But Shinobu, you said-"