16.

The next day was worse. I spent all night figuring something out. My mom was very confused as to why I needed the invitation list, but I lied and told her I was curious about who went to college and who stayed behind. I questioned her forever, asking her if there was any way the invitation was wrong. She said no.

What made everything worse, was John B was found innocent. I didn't know how or why, but they found a way. They found a reason. It scared me more because Rafe and Ward were secure in their house... or so I thought. There was no other news reports about it.

A strong determination hung over my body as I typed away on the screen. I've scrolled through Instagram and took it so far that I gave in and downloaded Twitter to stalk Michael's Twitter page. There was nothing about another party coming up, most likely due to Trevor's case. Also because the cops had gotten involved, figuring out the boys secrets.

I had received a call from an unknown number. Their voice was deep, obviously from a fake voice box. "We all know you did it. Give in, or your parents won't see the light of day."

I couldn't go home or else my parents would be in deeper danger than they already are. I had a limited time now, getting calls from this unknown person. They had my number, or they stole my number from someone. All I knew was if this didn't work, I would have to admit to the murder.

I messaged Michael directly, coming right out for any help on the invitation list. He told me that it was an open party, but he surely knew half the people at that party. He said he wouldn't give names because it was too risky with the cops involved. I shocked myself with my next move, telling him I'd buy cocaine off him if he gave in.

Now, Michael was always desperate to sell cocaine. He needed the money for college and also any other things he'd rather spend his money on. He told me to meet him in private, but I wasn't sure I'd want to do that. I didn't want to buy cocaine either, but again, that was my best bet right now.

I didn't trust Michael at all. If he was the one who saw everything, then he could possibly kill me alone. With Rafe by my side, I could've asked him to come with whether he agreed to this idea or not. Except he isn't my "partner" anymore and there was no way I was going to speak to him again.

I had no weapon either in case this goes wrong. How wrong could it get? He was teenage boy trying to sell drugs to people. Buying drugs could potentially lead to the cops once again if Michael gives me away. Although he promised not to give any details of his buyers.

The only useful thing he slipped was the information of an upcoming Pogue party. Pogues and Kooks would attend which wasn't the best thing ever, but he probably sensed my uncomfortable feelings through my text messages.

So that's where I went once it went dark. I parked down the street, spotting the fire people had already built. I caught the Pogue's van down the street and Sarah's face peeking over Topper's shoulder. Why was she talking to Topper?

First, I needed to find Michael. We would meet out of view, but close enough for people to hear my screams if he came to kill me. I texted him, scanning the area. I was by a bunch of rocks and trees, hidden by peoples eyes from the party a little way over.

The crunching of leaves indicated his appearance behind me. Sure enough, he was holding a bag of the white powder. I handed him the money, shakily taking the bag from his hand and shoving it into the bottom of my bag. He named off the people he recognized from the party, ranging from Amy the quiet girl in the back of class to Liam the loudest person in our grade.

I thanked him, sticking around for a moment longer to write down all the names in my notebook without his knowledge. After that, I returned to the party in search of Sarah. She was away from John B who was speaking to another girl by the fire. I saw JJ and Pope spying from the back, beers in hand. I ignored them, skipping up the steps to Sarah.