4.

Tears streamed down my face all the way down the road. It felt so much darker now on my way home. The only lights in front of me were my headlights. The moon was covered by the trees that towered over me like it was going to swallow me whole. Right now, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

I didn't make it halfway down the winding path before I saw a car pulled over on a splitting path. I briefly remember an extra path on the way here, but I still found it weird. This whole place is weird. Pretty house, but it was a horror movie waiting to happen.

I wasn't about to pull over until I recognized the sticker on the back of the car. For a second, I was going to keep going. Then I saw a person stand up, their hands on the back of their head, flexing their muscles stressfully.

Rafe Cameron paced the path in front of him. 4 long strides, turn, 4 back to his car. Normally I wouldn't care to ask whether he's okay or not, but I suppose I owe him one for earlier. So I suck it up and pull over behind his car. He immediately notices my headlights and for a moment I thought he would run for a reason I didn't want to ask, but when I turned my car off he settled down.

"Car troubles?" I ask, stepping out of my car.

"Umm..." he trailed off, his eyes focused on the ground.

I begin to move closer to him. That's when I noticed a pair of legs laying on the ground. I furrow, slowly stepping into view of a whole body sprawled out on the ground in front of Rafe's car. His shirt and face were all bloodied up, his hair a tangled mess, and his limbs laid out unconscious.

I gasped, slapping my hand over my mouth. I didn't know how to react. It took me a moment to realize it was Trevor, dead or unconscious, laying on the ground. Rafe didn't move a muscle, probably waiting for me to react more than a normal person would. I observed Rafe's body, spotting his bloodied knuckles and the drops of blood sprinkled across his white shirt.

"Rafe-" I couldn't bring myself to ask. "Is be dead?"

Rafe shook his head, going back to his pacing habits. I knew he would've left him if I didn't pull over. Maybe I shouldn't have because now I know something he didn't want anyone to know.

"What are you going to do? Just leave?"

I want him to leave. I want Trevor to lay here and wait to be found. Then again, Rafe would be spotted within a day if Trevor caught a glimpse of this night.

"I don't know." Rafe shook his head again, keeping his face down.

I didn't want to ask why he drove all this way with Trevor in his car. It was halfway down road from Michael's house. There was a sliver of me that thought he really is dead and Rafe is just trying to get me out of here. He would dump the body in the woods and leave him for someone else to find. Then I came along and caught him.

But the sound of groaning told me otherwise. Both our heads snapped over to Trevor's body, seeing his fingers move slightly. I was frozen in place, Rafe simply watched and waited for the boy to do something else.

"We have to do something!" I whispered, my eyes still locked on Trevor's body.

"What do you want to do, hm?" Rafe planted his feet in front of me, his face inches from mine.

He was angry. Possibly for me stepping in, or for the whole scene in the bedroom, or from the alcohol and drugs he did, probably everything. Rafe was always angry. He always had a bad temper and sometimes I would catch him in multiple arguments with his dad or Rose. He was mad whenever I saw him. He was mad at Sarah for befriending the Pogues, he was mad at the Pogues for crashing Midsummers, he was mad at Pope and JJ for sinking Topper's boat, he was mad his family never made it to the Bahamas.