Volume 1 - Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

Our points, loaded onto our student ID cards, acted as a kind of currency. The lack of paper money would prevent many students' financial troubles. However, students needed to keep a watchful eye on their spending habits. At any rate, the school provided these points free of charge.

Although I do doubt that my classmates would spend their points on useless things.

"Your student cards can be used simply by swiping them through the machine scanner. The method is simple, so you shouldn't get confused. Points are automatically deposited into your account on the first of every month. You should all have received 100,000 points already. Keep in mind that one point is worth one yen. No further explanation should be necessary." In other words, we had received a 100,000-yen monthly allowance from the school upon admission.

This is certainly very suspicious.., I believe Kaori noticed it too because her eyes narrowed to sensei.

"Shocked by the number of points you've been given? This school evaluates its students' talents. Everyone here has passed the entrance examination, which itself speaks to your value and potential. The amount you've received reflects the evaluation of your worth. You can use your points without restraint."

"After graduation, however, all of your points return to the school. Because it's impossible to exchange your points for cash, there's no advantage to saving them. Once points have been deposited into your account, it's up to you how to spend them. Do as you like. In the event that you don't want to spend your points, you may transfer them to someone else. However, extorting money from your peers is not allowed. This school monitors bullying very carefully."

I and Kaori just looked at each other, then smirked, we both seemingly have the same idea of making a bank for the two of us, where we can share our points.

"So then... Does anyone have questions?" I was about to raise my hand, but someone beat me to it by speaking.

"Sensei, I have a question." A boy with Dark-black hair and charcoal-black eyes said. Ellen-sensei just smiles at him and responds back.

"What is it? As long as it's something I can answer, then I'll answer it!" Sensei answered enthusiastically. The boy just smirked and asked the question I wanted to ask Sensei.

"This is just my Theory sensei.., But how many points will we have next month?" Sensei's smile didn't falter at all. But deep inside her eyes, I can see amusement and shock. Although her amusement was far dominant.

"Ara~ It would seem like someone noticed it too. Did anyone else notice it too?" Kaori asked chuckling. All 11 students, and me, nodded. The guy who asked the question stayed silent however and waited for an answer.

"What are you talking about, Kirigaya-kun..?" Just as Kirigaya was about to speak, a Black-Haired girl beats him into it.

"Sensei, please answer the question properly." This caused Ellen-sensei to chuckle, and the others to confirm their suspicion.

"Unfortunately, answering such an answer is forbidden. Although I would like to know what led you to this theory. Bt since all of you guys seem to have the same suspicion, I want someone else to answer me." Kaori looks at me, indicating she wants me to be the one to speak. I sighed and raised my hand, causing Ellen-sensei to smirk.

"Go ahead, Ayanokouji-kun."

"First of all sensei was the 100,000 points.., I do understand that this is school is under the government but isn't that too much for a high schooler?" I saw sensei smirk and the other looks at me, most of them are either nodding or just silently listening.

"Second of all sensei, this school is known to produce great leaders to lead Japan, giving them 100,000 points would just mean spoiling them, which would cause them to be spoiled and think with money instead of their brain." I finished. Ellen-sensei just clapped at my explanation after I sat down.

"Hmp... As expected of Class-E.., I believe you guys have the same thought?"

"[Yes.]" All of the students answered at the same time. Ellen-sensei just chuckled and looks at us, satisfied. Why is she satisfied..?

"As I said earlier, I can't answer your question. But I believe my answer answers your theory if it's either wrong or right? Correct?" I can't help but agree with her. Because of her answer, I believe that we wouldn't get as many points next month.

Hmm..? I just Remembered something, When I and Kaori were walking to this classroom, I saw different sorts of classes, ranging from A-D.

While some may say this is just a natural arrangement of schools, one piece of evidence made me oppose that Idea.

Upon seeing class A students, I saw that they were all composed, almost everyone looks mature 

and talented.

And from what Kaori said earlier about her observation of class D, which is that the classroom is full of 'Defects', made me question the placement of classes.

"Sensei.., I just wanted to confirm this..., But are our classes divided by merit?"

--