WHY SHOTO IS SHOTO

OKAY SO first of all since this is the beginning and in case anyone actually reads this "book": PLEASE CHALLENGE ME IF SOMETHING DOESN'T ADD UP!

I thought I'd start with a shorter one for the first, sorry it's only like 200 words
—————

Alrighty, so this morning I asked myself: "how the hell is Shoto... Shoto?"

As in how did his quirk come to pass? Along with all of his features reflecting his quirk's nature in being split down the middle?

Now my guess is similar to how chimera cats are split down the middle in appearance.

Chimera cats, if you haven't seen them, look like this:

Seem sort of familiar? That's because Todoroki is a chimera human

Now I haven't done any research on whether or not chimera humans do exist in our reality, but it's more than possible with a collection of humans with superhuman abilities like jazzy lightning fingers or six arms.

BUT BACK TO THE CASE IN POINT, TODOROKI.

So my guess is that the Todoroki's WERE expecting twins. However, Shoto's embryo absorbed/merged/[whatever the right scientific word is] with his twins. Now this twin would have had either a pure ice power with their mother's features and Shoto would have a pure fire quirk with his father's features (though really, it would have been more accurate if it was vice versa if my belief of the quirk mutation being found in the X chromosome is in fact true).

BUT I DIGRESS, Shoto's embryo ended up absorbing his twin's and he got the blessing of two quirks. I feel like if he knew this he would often have an identity crisis about whether he was Shoto or his twin.

Since he is also male and if we assume he is cisgender, then he may also have XXY chromosomes rather than only XY. Though that's just a theory. A quirk theory!

I'm so sorry for that last reference but I'm going to make it Every Damn Time.