2: Angels and Demons

I blinked and rubbled my eyes. Through blurred vision I could see light streaming through a gap in the curtain. It took a few moments to realise I was on the living room floor, still in the devils trap. I hurriedly stood

"Hey!" I shouted, "you still there?" my voice shook with worry. What if they took Jack?

I was relieved when the angel, Castiel, walked round the corner.

"What, first you break into my house and now you sleep in my bed" I said in a joking voice. His mouth twitched a little bit other than that he didn't react. I decided to change tactics.

"I'm not one to judge but that's a pretty small bed so you three gotta be pretty close to-"

"Sam and Dean are not currently here"
So it's just me and cas I thought, how hard can it be to trick an angel.

"Oh? Are they off terrorising more single mothers?" I asked, squinting and putting on a frown. He sighed and sat down. A frown appeared on his face; some of the first emotion since I'd first seen him.

"You're a demon it's not possible for you to have your own child, well one that's not an abomination and for it to have no demonic signs...It's not-"

"Well clearly it is possible." I growled, frustrated.

"Look, you're not the first case of this and you're definitely not the last but I need you to understand, what we're doing is for the greater good."

His face was void of emotion but I saw regret flash in his eyes. We stood there, locked in each other's gaze, before the door swung open and the other two walked in.

"Oh good, you're up."

"Yeah, surprisingly a wooden floor isn't too comfortable for I lie in" I retorted with a glare. Dean seemed unfazed and Sam only gave a grimace before throwing be a plastic bag.

"Being held captive in my own home" I grumbled as I pulled out a croissant, "aww you shouldn't have" I commented sarcastically. Dean huffed before crossing the room, knife in hand, and bent down, scratching a line in the trap.

I instantly felt better and took no time in stepping out of the ring and sprinting down the short hall to where Jack lay, sleeping peacefully in his cot. I walked forward and stroked his blonde hair. My angel is safe I thought, relieved before laughing at the irony of that comment. He stirred before yawning and opening his grey eyes. I smiled as his chubby arms reached up to me and lifted him onto my hip before returning to the living room.

Empty. I checked the kitchen, empty too. I searched the rest of the apartment. They were gone.