Chapter 1 - The Girl With The Black Hair

You close your laptop and turn to face Sasha sitting next to you on the opposite side of the couch

"Aaaaaand done. For now at least." You yawn.

"You've been at that for..." Sasha stuffs her face full of popcorn before continuing "...hours, what is it even for?" She mumbles through her popcorn stuffed mouth

"My life story. They want it for an end of the year project." You reply proudly as you reach for a glass of water on the coffee table. "They want to know if I can turn my life story into a life lesson, make it all... metaphorical and shit."

"Am I in it?" Sasha asks

"No, I replaced you with some random character I created in my head." You say sarcastically.

"Yea right, nobody can replace me." Sasha exclaims, flexing her arms in a hero pose, she continues on "so why start it now? You haven't even had your first day?" She grabs another fistful of popcorn.

"It was in the criteria sheet they handed out beforehand, they said if it's good and interesting enough to be turned into a book Professer Ackerman would publish it himself, and another book of your writing." You reply "wouldn't it be cool if my college life story became a published book?"

"Only if I'm in it!" Sasha jokes

You both laugh, it was good to relax with Sasha like this at the end of the day, especially since tomorrow was such a big day for you.

You weren't "new" to college, but no matter what, you always ended up with first-day jitters.

this was your first time taking an important creative writing / English literary class.

"Aw man..." Sasha sighs "I just can't believe we won't be in the same class.. the only one we have together is culinary and it's not even your major."

"I don't know what I'm gonna do without you!" You fake cry

"But for real!! We've always been together.... And now I'm gonna be stuck with just Connie." She sticks her thumb downwards and sticks out her tongue jokingly, making you giggle a bit.

"Can't be all bad, i'll see you during our free periods and lunch, AND even better..."

Sashas eyes widen, the same expression she had the day you met her, you always loved seeing her excited.

You grab her by her shoulders and touch your forehead with hers. "We LIVE TOGETHER!!!!" You cheer "so you can see me ANYTIME you want! Imagine that."

Sasha waves her hands in the air dismissively "oh shut up." she laughs

There's a silent pause for awhile, while you both try to find what to say next.

You notice Sasha twirling her fingers as if she's dwelling on something but you decide not to pry, she'd tell you on her own.... She always did.

"Y/n.... Ive been thinking" she starts "I know you're not on the best terms but-"

"I know where this is going and no." you interrupt

"But!-"

"Sasha please.... He doesn't want me around either.. you know this! It's been the same thing for a year now." You say

"But that's the thing! I talked to Eren and he doesn't mind!" She grabs your hands "this is his first get together since his mom died.... Only our group, he asked for us."

"He's ok with me coming?" You ask hesitantly "he said it was fine?"

"Yep! He said it was fine." Sasha reassures you "he wants to see everyone, he needs to be cheered up." She smiles