Red, Green and Blue

Hua Lai Appearance 

Chapter Two

Kat

A loud roar of anger filled my ears, along with screams.

My head throbs as memories flash past along, with my own memories from my own world. It's dizzying whirl of information. Things like my name and my class status, to memories of my world and my mothers cooking. It's so much I want to cry out, but the sound of fighting resonates around me triggering my survival instinct.

"Survival System 20% updated."

A computerized voice announces, and what sounds like a CD-ROMs machines whirs up along with the occasional clicking sound.

"Mission: Survival of the Crown till Golden age has been initiated. First Mission escape with the seed of the future Emperor."

"I'm sorry, what seed?" I mentally questioned.

"Survival System 70% updated."

"Hey, are you not going to answer me?" I loudly shout in my head, but the computer like voice continues stating it's status till it reaches 100%.

"Survival System is now online. User is now registered. Initiating first Mission. Host, please bear a golden era for this world. Good luck."

Sitting up, I shouted my hand out to no one. "Wait!"

Shocked at my sudden ability to move my lashes flutter, and the bright light of the sun fills the chamber I'm in. Stunned, I stare at the hand that's raised. The skin is so pale I can see the blue veins underneath. The sight of it makes me uncomfortable. I am accustomed to an ochre brown color, lowering it I feel the silky slide of black hair fall over my shoulder and shudder.

Okay, so as a hole I really am in a completely different body. I decided to contemplate the changes in my body later and looked around the large chamber I'm inside. My eyes land on a dead body that lays halfway in a large pool. The back of the poor person is slashed open, their red blood as stained the water.

I force myself not to scream as I realized that the room is filled with more bodies of female servants all of them brutally murdered. I shift to stand and fill the heavy weight on my thigh and look down. My eyes widen in surprise as I watch the wound that clearly was still healing close with a very low sizzling sound.

Blood it spattered over my skin, and the heavy weight that had been bearing on my legs was another maid.

"What the fuck." I muttered as I gently push the body off me, when I see its face a name flashes through my man.

"Yanay," I whispered, feeling a wealth of sadness from the previous owner of the body.

Hearing something clanging, I sharply look up and wince as my view blurs. My eyes start to burn.

"Adjusting view for Survivalist."

Rubbing my eyes, I blinked a few times after a few seconds the burning sensation disappeared, and I found my view filled with two colors. Green and red, everything was outlined in these two colors.

Even the doorway to the large bathing chamber was outlined in bright red.

Rising to my feet, I stood from what I realized was like a slab of marble. The body I occupied must have been getting a massage when whoever killed everyone invaded.

Speaking of my body, it was interesting the information I was absent mindedly sifting through.

The bodies age was 17-year-old consort to the King of Juni. The King of Juni was ruled by the third prince, who was a relative of the emperor's favored Imperial Consort Lee.

The Lee Clan had gained favor, and quickly utilized this to gain territories from the foolish in love emperor. Lee Wei had worked hard to be given of the title of prince, and had gained the Kingdom of Juni by framing the previous family who'd ruled it.

This bodies father, in an effort not to loose his seat at the political table had offered his Shu daughter, Hua Lai to him. Unfortunately, for Hua Law Lee Wei was the worse kind of man who enjoyed the pain and humiliation of others. He'd enjoyed bullying her and had even forced her to spend the night with a passing general to frame him as a dishonorable man.

I felt my temper snap and decided to set aside the memories of Hua Lai for now. Half her memories were filled with jealousy, the other half despair, and the rest black choking depression.

Walking down the steps, I paused next to another servants body and bent down. Her dull brown robes were outlined in greed. I bent down and touched them, and a menu popped up. Surprised by it, I lifted my hand, but it passed through the words there.

"What does this mean?" I asked aloud.

"Hello Player, I am S.S. My job is to explain small things to you."

"Well, it's about time," I muttered. "What do these colors mean?"

"The colors denote which items will add to you're ability to survive, and denote what will take you to a swift death. Please tap the back of your right hand twice."'

I hesitated, unsure if I should trust this computer talking in my head.

"Do not worry Host, S.S. will never threaten your life or lead you into such a situation that could threaten you."

Hearing this, I felt a lot more comfortable and tapped the back of my right hand. Two bars popped up, I squinted. I wasn't ever a gamer, but I sort of knew what I was seeing. There were two bars that in a game could be considered health bar and a Hidden bar that was titled Luck.

My health bar was currently at 15% with 100% being the highest. "Isn't that a bit low?"

"You were at 60% but you consumed your survival points to heal your wound that was life-threatening," S.S explained.

"That's shitty," I frowned glancing back down at the green robe where a green number 6 floated. "So, if I collect items that are green those points will increase my health bar right?"

"Yes, it also is increasing your luck to live. But Green is basic, there is also Blue and Purple. Blue and Purple, are usually benefits that are big but won't effect you immediately. Some can take minutes and other years. Still, I insist you gather these for your posterity in the future."

"Okay, got it."

"Now, Host tap your hand again this time once."

I did as she said, and the bars dropped replaced with a coin symbol. "Every time the host takes actions that result in her higher survival, coins will be dispensed here. These coins can be used to buy items on the internet."

I stared at the number there, it was 100 gold coins.

I sighed; I should have known I wasn't just going to have amazon at my fingertips for free.

"Now, that I have explained everything to the host I will sleep. Clap your hands when you wish for the menu the disappear, and whistle when you wish to no longer see the colors."

"What, wait—?"

"S.S. logging off."

After standing still for a few minutes, I could hear what sounded like fighting in the distance. I guess I really needed to get moving. I returned my eyes to the robe, and looked down at my nearly nude body.

I guess it was time to gather some stuff and head out.

Lucky me, no map, no guidance. I just had to wing it and hope for the best.

Shit, I really shouldn't have saved that b***.

TBC