A Solemn Discovery

Start from the beginning

"To a perfect night! Salud!" Alma said, leading the night as the host. "Salud!" everyone raised their glasses in response.

Thus, everyone went to eating their food and chattering with each other.

Clara pretty much just eats as the chatting goes on. It was normal in the Casa Madrigal for meals together to be filled with liveliness. She would exchange some words with Camilo, turn to look after her little brother, and eat her food.

Clara spots the way Mirabel was intensely eyeing Dolores, as if watching her with warning. Dolores on the other hand could only quietly whimper at the strong gaze.

The Martinez could only hum at that, eyeing the scene in slight confusion. Was something going on?

A tap on her plate then brought her to look to her left. Camilo had an innocent smile on, gesturing for the payment of their small transaction. "Jeez, you can't even wait." Clara grumbled at him.

She slices a portion of her meat, making it slightly bigger considering Camilo's appetite. She then carefully puts it on Camilo's plate.

Camilo, pleased with the said payment, poured Clara a glass of water as some exchange of 'thank you'.

This doesn't go unnoticed by the adults, Pepa practically creating a rainbow at the scene they just saw.

Clara, back to facing her plate, was then tapped on the shoulder by Dolores. 'Was their staring contest done? Oh wait no, Mirabel was just covered by the avocados.' She thought as she leaned closer to hear Dolores' whisper.

Hearing the details, Clara's head blanks out. The Madrigal's magic was in danger? And Mirabel will be the reason behind it? And it was from Bruno's vision??

'Was this... what she searched for in Bruno's Tower?' Clara thought as she almost dropped her spoon. Thankfully she caught it before any of the adults could notice.

Clara first turned to Dolores, checking silently to see if it was true. Seeing the quiet message, Dolores nodded, gesturing that she heard it herself.

Clara then turned to Mirabel, who was wincing at her friend's shocked and slightly panicked expression. Slowly, Clara evened her breath and tried calming down, setting down her spoon.

If this was true, then they should at least try talking about it right? Or maybe they just found out? Is that why they're hiding it, so that it can be discussed after dinner? So many questions-!!

A hand squeezed hers from under the table, "Is everything alright, Cariño?" Camilo asked her, noticing her sudden change in attitude.

Clara hummed in thought, contemplating as she felt Mirabel's stare on her. "You can tell me." Camilo urged softly, keeping his voice low.

Clara exchanged glances with Dolores, and once Mirabel's vision was again blocked by a pitcher of water, Clara faced Camilo.

"Well..." Clara trailed off, interlacing fingers with him, as she ushered him to lean a bit down. Camilo obliges, lending an ear as Clara whispered the information she got from Dolores.

Camilo, shocked at the news, shapeshifted into Mirabel and Bruno before ending up with bugged up face. Everyone looked his way, both in concern and confusion.

Clara worriedly tapped on his cheek, "Hermoso, fix your face please." She said his way in a smaller voice. Camilo simply shook his head, and his face was back to normal.