⚔️ Chapter 19 ⚔️

The old oak wood creaks under her as she walks around aimless at the traditional home of her mother's acquaintance. The empty walls and hallways all looked the same despite the twist and turns of every corner she finds herself in.

This time she ended up outside. Walking with the sun gleams at her fair-skinned face. The garden at her right looked relaxing and well maintained with the bushes effortlessly cut and wisteria trees planted at every corner of the area.

But despite the amazing view, it didn't help the anxiety she was feeling as she wandered around like a lost sheep.

Whenever a person with a cloth covering half of their faces would pass by, she would hesitate to ask for directions and she finally gathered enough courage to do so, they disappeared when she turned around.

And that person was the 5th one to pass by her now.

She sighed, mentally cursing and scolding herself for being too timid. She looked down and shook her head and began to walk.

But when she turned back to the front, she was met with a wall and her head collided with something hard.

She rubbed her head before anxiously bowing at the person who she bumped into.

"I'm sorry-"

"It's ok, love. I wasn't looking where I was going either," a gentle voice, something she didn't expect, greets her warmly.

Ever so slowly, she looks at the girl. She was left breathless at the unusual but captivating orange hue eyes that glimmered brightly under the sun's rays. Her wavy, chocolate hair is neatly tied with a palely translucent moon hair pin behind with her warm, serene smile that completes her look.

Her moon haori danced with the wind along with the baby hair that falls from her face. A silver sword that resembles a katana was strapped on her right side.

Her beauty was breathtaking and out of this world but for some reason,even with all these clear details…

Her visuals, her face structure was anything but a blur to her.

She couldn't see it no matter how detailed she could explain her face, she couldn't quite see what she looked like.

"Is...there something on my face?" She asked as she shifted the weight on her legs.

"You're beautiful…" Yachi mumbled but quickly clasped her hand on her mouth and looked at her with wide eyes and bowed once again

"I-I'm so sorry! i-I mean i-is that-" she heard the girl laugh, it wasn't pretty as books would describe a laugh, but it sounded so...gentle. It calmed her nervousness as she faced the girl.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh. You were just too cute." She said with small giggles escaping through her lips, as she shifted her weight from one foot to another. "Thank you. The same goes for you too."

Yachi blushed at the girl's complement as the girl gave her a close-eyed smile but Yachi could see how it didn't quite reach her eyes. It was genuine and sincere but strained and forced at the same time.

Why?

"Are you one of the new recruits? Why aren't you in your uniform?" She asks, placing a hand on her hips and tilting her head.

Yachi fiddled with her shirt and shook her head. "N-no. I'm just visiting here with my mom but I…"

She was too embarrassed to say it out loud, especially in front of her. How humiliating is it for a girl of her age to be lost.

She gripped on her shirt when she heard a gasp that made her look back at her.

"Oh! You're one of Oyakata-sama's visitors. How rude of me! I apologize," she bowed as Yachi told her that it was fine with a flustered expression.