Chapter One (Not Completed.)

Skiddy Cottontail, an eight-year-old brown rabbit, was adopted by his two fathers when he was two years old. He enjoys the outdoors, is funny and adventurous, and he lives in a nice green house with both of his fathers.

Skiddy Cottontail shared a friendship with a gray-colored rabbit named Leslie, who was the same age as Skiddy. Leslie was adopted by two mothers, who were married to each other. Leslie was born as a boy, but her identity was later changed to a girl.

Both of them played hide-and-seek in the tall grass, tag-your-it, hoppedscotched, kicked a can, and had campouts in the backyard with no case of hostility or discrimination between each other.

Leslie decided to go to Skiddy's house as both of her mothers were in the big city shopping. It was a beautiful day today, with barely a shadow of a cloud in the sky. The afternoon was full of confidence.

Mister Leland Cottontail welcomed her to his home, since he was Skiddy's father. He had round brown glasses, light green fur, and hazel eyes. He always smiled when welcoming people into his home, no matter if they were homophobes or far-right, Christian fundamentalist weirdos. Love prevailed in his house instead of hatred. Even when he slammed the door in their faces, he would still forgive them.

His voice was gentle as he addressed her, 'Hello, Leslie, how are you doing?' 

'I am fine, Mr. Cottontail,' she said. 'Is Skiddy home? I was wondering if he wanted to play with me? Both my mothers have gone to the big city, and they told me they won't be back for another two or three hours.'

As Mr. Cottontail nodded his head, he replied, "He is upstairs brushing his teeth. Would you like to come inside? I made some fresh Chocolate Chip Cookies and fresh Lemonade.' 'Yes please!' Her voice jumped with excitement as she walked inside, and Mr. Cottontail giggled as he let her in.

Skiddy hurried down the stairs at that very moment, like in pursuit of a dog. She laughed as she watched him rush down the stairs like a dog fleeing a bathtub.

'Hello Skiddy.' Said Leslie

'Hi Leslie.' Said Skiddy as he landed both of his feet down stairs.

Skiddy pushed his red round glasses in place, 'what can I do for you?'

'I was wondering if you like to play outside for a while after we have those yummy chocolate chip cookies and lemonade?' Said Leslie.

'Yeah, that sounds great to me.' Said Skiddy.

'Terrific!' Said Leslie.

Skiddy's father placed three cookies per plate and lemonade per glass on the table, as both rabbits entered the kitchen as Mr. Cottontail was preparing their snack. They both sat at the large brown table, as Mr. Cottontail finished preparing their snack while he was finishing cleaning up the kitchen.

Taking a sip from his lemonade, Skiddy addressed: 'Oh, pa, did you hear about them electing that elephant for President?' His dad let out a sigh of frustration and threw the towel into the sink while he was washing and drying the dishes.

As Mr. Cottontail shook his head and exhaled deeply, staring out the window at the trees in the distance, he said, "Yes, I heard, that's something me and your father are afraid of.".

'What do you mean, Pa?' Skiddy Cottontail asked.

'Um, who is Mr. Elephant?' Leslie inquired.

Cottontail turned to both of the children, asserting, "He's a bully against same-sex marriage couples. According to what their Bible says, only a man and a woman should be married. He wants to make it a criminal offense. Any person who does not abide by his values will be arrested.

Skiddy slammed his fists on the table and said, 'That's selfish of him! I would hate to lose you two.'

As Leslie began to cry, she said, 'I would be heartbroken if my mothers were forced to never see each other again.'

(More is being written right now.)