}•{ Having food together.

Start from the beginning

"Why will you do that?" Vardhaan questioned throwing her a disgusted glare, finally tired from their not-so-productive staring session.

"Why will you do that!" Ishani retorted with a mock.

His shoulders drooped as an annoyed sigh passed his lips.

She knows how to get on my nerves. He thought sourly.

"You wasted food!" Vardhaan pointed out throwing away the fork in a corner.

The corner of her lips twitched as she sneered, "Yes, I wasted it and you saved it... Ain't it dear husband?"

Anger pulsed through his entire body at her insulting behavior. His fists clenched as the pride in him hurt making him more enraged.

Darting towards her fastly, he clutched the knife in his hand, the sharp metal effortlessly slicing through his palm as he gripped it and threw it somewhere on the floor.

Gripping the back of her neck, he pushed her back, caging her in between the dining table and him.

Rage pulsed through her body as well as she tilted her head, not breaking their intense eye lock.

His nose slightly touched hers and lips inches apart, as they gazed towards each other with hatred.

"Who the hell you think you are to talk to me in this way?" He screamed venting out his detest for her.

"Your sweetest wife my dear husband." Her voice dripped with pure sarcasm as she gave him a sickly sweet smile.

The veins in his neck throbbed as he narrowed his eyes towards her. His jaw clenched as he ran his bloodied hand on her cheek.

The dark red fluid trickled down her jaw from his palm and smeared on her face as she continued to glare at him.

Gripping her jaw in a painful hold, he moved his face dangerously close to her face, his lips almost touching hers  as he whispered, "Want me to show you how a husband behaves as well?"

The anger in her veins was replaced by a sudden fear. Her eyes widen and her heart raced wildly in her ribcage as she understood the underlying meaning of his words.

His proximity didn't help either, only increasing her fear which she masked well but the shocked expression clear on her face delighting him to some extent but doing nothing in calming down his anger.

"Are you scared now, wifey?" He mocked as his arm wrapped itself around her waist pulling her closer.

Her breathing quickened as she felt him moving even closer, her eyes shut hard as her hands went back, rummaging the dining table to find something.

Just when his lips were about to touch hers, her hands moved forward squeezing the tomato sauce bottle, smearing the thick red sauce on his face.

"Fuck!" Vardhaan cursed loudly as he rubbed his eyes, his hands leaving her and she took the opportunity to run away not before collecting those instant food packets from the floor.

Her feet took her to a guest room in hurry and she locked the door from inside before releasing a breath she didn't know she was holding till now.

"This man is crazy!" She mumbled as she made her way towards the bathroom and almost screamed seeing her face which resembled a ghost shown on movies and tv.

Hair strands falling out from her braid sticking to her cheeks, a thin layer of sweat coating her forehead, and at last her cheeks and jaw covered in dried blood.

She truly resembled a ghost right now!

But her eyes narrowed towards the dried blood reflecting on the mirror.