𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟔

Start from the beginning

They watched the girl lean back on her chair while humming a tune they haven't heard before. Kageyama tilted his head. "Is that the Wellerman, (Y/N)-san?" He questioned.

(Y/N) chuckled and nodded. "Yep, it's the song we sang at the rooftop, I'm surprised you still remember it," she said.

"Who would forget it, dumbass?" Kageyama glared at her.

"You guys sang?! When? When?" Hinata excitingly inquired. Even Kageyama?!

"Probably after Inter-High, right?" (Y/N) looked at the ravenette for confirmation.

The setter bobbed his head. "Yes, we were eating lunch back then."

So Kageyama can go along with someone's antics, too, huh? Sugawara remarked, proud and exasperated at the same time.

"Now that you mention it, what was the title of the song you sang in front of class, (Y/N)-chan?" Yachi asked.

"Eh? She did?!" Nishinoya gawked.

Surprisingly, Yamaguchi was the one who answered, "Yes, it's actually famous in the first years."

(Y/N)'s jaw dropped, her pen dropping from her hands for the first time. "A-Are you serious? Did I cause that much of a ruckus?"

Tsukishima snickered. "Oh, of course you did. You were famous as the student who got detention in the first day of school because you took the students' attention away from the teacher. How I wish I could have recorded that," he teased her.

The (H/C)-haired girl deadpanned. "Oho, really, Tsukishima? Become my classmate and record my foolishness then." She turned to Yachi with a smile, surprising the bespectacled blonde with her change of attitude. "Also, Yacchan, the song was titled Shallow. It's about a man and woman having an open conversation or dialogue with one another. We didn't know much of each other yet, so I decided to sing it for our class. It's quite good."

"Yep! It is! We all sang along even though we didn't know the lyrics!" Yachi admitted.

"Heh? No wonder she got detention," Daichi stated.

Asahi frowned. "Y-You shouldn't say that, Daichi."

"Yeah, Sawamura-san, don't say that~" (Y/N) drawled. "Also, here, Ennoshita-san, I'm finished, you can check it," she said, smiling amiably at the second year. Ennoshita blinked before unsurely nodding. There was something about her that made everything... comfortable. She was incredibly easy to talk to and he was quite glad that someone like her joined for a change. Sure, Hinata, Yachi and Yamaguchi got along with everyone in the team, but the other half of the first years? They were both a mess and chaos. Well, she was chaotic, too, so... He took it back.

Ennoshita continued circling her answers. Eh? Wait? She still hasn't... He reached the end of his junior's exam papers and gawked. He narrowed his eyes, leaning closely to the paper, just like what Tsukishima did earlier. "A-A perfect score?!"

"Woah! Really?" Tanaka peeked and nodded in approval. "Nice, (Y/N)-ssi!"

"That's just luck, hohoho." (Y/N) snickered. Also, why is Tanaka-san calling me with a -ssi? A question mark appeared on her forehead.

She really did fail on purpose... What the heck is wrong with her? I've never heard or seen of someone like this. The bridge of Daichi's nose scrunched when Ennoshita gave him the girl's test papers. He was usually nice, but this girl was pushing his buttons. He was about to scold her, but seeing the bright beam on her face made him stop. He didn't want to ruin her happy mood. And he wouldn't admit it, but her smile was pleasant to see.