Part 4

The guy shouted angrily, "I'll give you a fucking chat alright", removing his fist briskly, and going to Hua Cheng head-on. His mates joined the brawl too, pushing and shoving everyone around in confusion. Hua Cheng pulled Xie Lian behind him, saying, "Gege, stick to me", punching and kicking the guy at the same time powerfully, making him stagger back, blood coming out of his nose.

Feng Xin and Mu Qing rushed to Xie Lian's side panicky, and with arms crossed against their faces, tried to punch, push or kick whoever came closer. They managed to stay mainly unscathed. Xie Lian, who practiced kung fu since he was a kid, even though he was a bit rusty, hit a few guys, before dashing to drag the girl out of the brawl. Plastic cups full of beer flew everywhere, chaos was installed.

Hua Cheng was still punching and kicking left and right, clearly winning; those guys only relied on their size and looks but couldn't really fight. Soon they were all getting out of the brawl by themselves, most likely never been faced like this before.

Their leader, even after being pushed down on the ground several times, with blood coming out of his nose and his left arm stiff, still managed to get up, blind with fury, and walk unsteadily trying to go for the girl Xie Lian pulled by his side. He would have to pass for Xie Lian, if not Hua Cheng.

Suddenly, another guy run from who knows where, to the front of the girl, and roared, "KE MO YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT, WHAT THE FUCK YOU DOING?"

This seemed to cease the fight, as the big guy, who had started everything and was the leader of the pack, clearly met who he had come for, and got up slowly, his face filthy with blood thanks to Hua Cheng, but his spirit ready to confront the newcomer.

"I came for paybacks. From you, and from this fucking bitch. Let's have a chat, Pei Su."

Pei Su looked very different from that day at the Xian Ji affair. Dealing with Xian Ji, he was super cool and collected; this time he showed a controlled anger, his body trembling with rage. He looked at the girl, who grabbed Xie Lian's arm and hid behind him slightly. Hua Cheng massaged his hands and fists, straightened himself up and slowly walked back to Xie Lian's side.

"What do you want Ke Mo? Why are you this sore loser, for fuck's sake. Coming all the way here to fuck up our event, you've got some nerve there, I must say", Pei Su said, angrily.

"Sore loser? Is that how you called someone who loses because of CHEATING?"

"Cheating? If we're talking about cheating you started first, having your bully mates coming around, trying to shut down my project before it even started."

"I didn't! It was you and that little bitch who cheated, tampered with the public voting!"

Xie Lian couldn't listen to anymore, "Please, hum, Ke Mo, right? You don't talk to a girl like that."

His tone was firm, and the girl pressed his arm tighter, as if she was thanking him. Feng Xin and Mu Qing sighed heavily; they admired Xie Lian's sense of right and wrong, but sometimes they feared he'd get into a too big a trouble. Hua Cheng just gave Xie Lian a little satisfied smile.

"Leave Banyue out of it. Whatever grudge you have it's me you have to deal with", Pei Su said.

"Is it though? If I remember right, she belonged to MY project, and yet she helped you, so this bitch isn't out of it, is she?", Ke Mo chuckled.

"Oi", Xie Lian warned. "That's enough."

Pei Su looked at Xie Lian with an unreadable look, then back to Ke Mo, "I can see you got beaten down some already, but if you call Banyue a bitch once more you'll have me coming for you".

Then he added, "When you say she belonged to your project, does it mean literally? People from your project are your bitches? Or are they free to support any other project they want?"

"Not by cheating. Not by running bots to boost public voting. And now she's working at your project, so that was the whole deal then", Ke Mo said, barely controlling himself for not punching Pei Su there and then. Even though he had just come in and didn't actually fight anyone, the way he was confronting Ke Mo was intimidating enough.

"She's working at my project because you ruined her reputation. She can't get to The Heavens, and she can't get an internship either. Happy?"

"I'm not lying. Who wants an intern that runs bots to increase your competitor's public voting?"

Pei Su was getting angrier by the minute. He just shouted back,

"She didn't. I did! I run the bots, to crush once and for all your stupid project and your bully mates. And yet you keep putting fake complaints to the uni trust to get my project shut down! Get a life, Ke Mo."

Xie Lian intervened again, "Guys guys, can we just all calm down?"

Pei Su didn't listen, and said, "Banyue gave me insider information from your scheduling; yeah, we've known each other way back. Then I run the bots. Yeah. I boosted the public voting, I won the funding, the end, get over it."

Xie Lian and his group all looked at each other, their eyes widening. Ke Mo gave Pei Su some rope, and he just went and hung himself! Didn't he realise what he was saying?

"I won't, I will keep doing the fake complaints and sabotaging your project in every way I can", Ke Mo replied.

"Is that right?", an unknown voice then asked. 

Thanks for reading!

I hope you enjoyed the action, and Hua Cheng's fists of fury! 😉