xᴠ

A series of waves soared in a turbulent manner and the ground beneath the ocean reddened with the molten lava. A large thing bursted out from underneath to reveal a large part of the celestial's body, all dressed in shimmering golden. Gale hissed, feeling the air being in a grave aura and the ground scorching at the molten lava traveling within.

"Come on. Midas. Come on." He whispered under his breadth, his strongs winds helping the weakened Phastos to trap Ikaris.

"It's okay. Deep breadth." Makkari signed worriedly to her friend who was starting to get extremely pale and out-of-breadth. The consolation did nothing and with another deafening roar of the celestial, Gale released a shout of frustration and the dark clouds swirled around everywhere.

"Gahhh...." Ikaris grunted, finally snapping the ropes that trapped him and with another surge of great effort, he managed to stand through the winds pressing him down. "Ahhh!!" The strength and vex was expressed through the lasers off his eyes and he extended his arms out, the blow causing the surrounding Eternals to stumble down and the nervous wreck Gale to finally give up on even trying to fight or stop him.

"Good luck Midas." He whispered as they helplessly watched Ikaris fly off with a determined and ready-to-kill expression.

.

In the middle of fiddling with his fingers and taking more deep breadths to prevent a worsening storm, Gale's eyes widened when he felt his body levitating to the air. He whipped his head around to find his fellow Eternals doing the same. The same golden casket surrounded over his body and a soft relieved smile fell over his face as he closed his eyes and allowed the energy to flow over to Sersi. She had managed to do it. Multiple thin strings of golden travelled above their heads to a certain meeting point, a blinding glow forming.

Sersi received every ounce of their energies and on suddenly being struck with it all, a surge of power coursed through her veins. She dropped back to the ground in a stomp and pressed her palms against it. A golden power seeped into the celestial which released a low grumble, its entire body freezing to ice rapidly. Its fingers curled and the last of its body under the ocean and above the clouds froze to a solid chilly ice.

Gale yelped and suddenly fell back to the ground, groaning at the impact but he did not get up and instead laid down. "Is it finally over?" He whispered and the rest smiled at their figuratively youngest brother. They nodded and chuckled as the curly-haired released a stroll of tears and a cry which he had been holding for so long.

Through his watery vision, Gale spotted a dot-like figure speeding out towards the sun and sighed, another aching sorrow suffocating his lungs. Wars. Battles. Death of loved ones. He hated them.

Evening had come upon the place and the waves had succumbed back to their peaceful stature, an airy breeze whirling around where they stood. "Midas. You're okay!" Gale and Makkari ran to the Eternal in green who chuckled and hugged the two.

"How? How did you do it?" Phastos curiously questioned her.

"When I touched Tiamut's palm, I felt energy surging into me. Tiamat joined our UniMind." Sersi answered, still bewildered by it.

"I always wondered how we survived the destruction of other planets that we were on." The man who had finally figured out the puzzle spoke, "By being connected to the Celestial as it emerged." He signed too for the deaf Eternal.

"I kinda understood." Gale mumbled and rather than another exasperated scolding from Phastos, he received a fond pat on the back.

Makkari smiled and walked around, glancing at Thena then back to the rest. "We became one even Ikaris and Sprite all because of Tiamut." She signed slowly.